Job Network
Sponsored by

O&G Openings?

4,533 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by slowmach
tpnick87
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Long time lurker, few times at posting...

Been a rough 2 years in the oil patch. Since August 2015 I have been bouncing around jobs before settling on contract work for the last 10 months. But I am tired of stressing over the constant for work and pulling my hair out not knowing where the next pay check will come from.

I worked for a small operator for nearly 3 years doing just about anything and everything they asked. Drilling engineer, completions engineer, workovers, recompletions, P&A's. This was all land sites and much of this included onsite supervision. I also dealt with all the regulatory work associated. I solicited bids and generated procedures when in the office.

After the downturn, I did some traveling and soon got back after it, but I could not find anything permanent so I did consulting work of basically everything described above. I also am a Texas P.E.

I found myself enjoying the completions side more than the drilling, but not going to be too picky. I am from Houston and would prefer Houston first.

So if anyone has any leads for an Aggie Engineer with 6+ years work experience, I am interested.

Trevor

trevor dot nichols10 at gmail
malenurse
AG
No real info you, but, things appear to be on the upswing.

My son just got called back by Seadrill. His rig is being activated next month.

This will be almost 1 year to the day that he was laid off.
tpnick87
Thanks for the encouragement! I hope to find a little stability!
NC2001
AG
Check with the Drillers in town (Noble, Pacific Drilling). Business is picking up and they are looking to rehire.
BrazosDog02
AG
tukAG22 said:

Thanks for the encouragement! I hope to find a little stability!

So going into oil and gas is the obvious choice.
tpnick87
Well I'm already in oil and gas. The stability comes from something other than consulting/contract. Just rigged down today on a well and not sure when or where the next one will come from.

Thanks for the concerns though!
tpnick87
I will look into this. Appreciate it!
BrazosDog02
AG
I should have used the winky face.
tpnick87
Haha yeah the oil field can be hell but it's what I love and only thing I know!
slowmach
Marathon just posted a Drilling Engineer req in Houston, I'm currently looking myself but trying to stay out of Houston.
tpnick87
Anywhere in particular you are looking?

I'll check out that Marathon posting. Thanks!
slowmach
I currently live in Midland but wouldn't mind Austin or SA.
jaggiemaggie
AG
slowmach: you know of any E&P in midland looking for completion engineers?
Maverick06
AG
PXD just posted two jobs for Completions Engineers in Irving.
cmyers27
Good luck Trevor; tough times indeed.

Charlotte
cmyers27
tukAG22 said:

Long time lurker, few times at posting...

Been a rough 2 years in the oil patch. Since August 2015 I have been bouncing around jobs before settling on contract work for the last 10 months. But I am tired of stressing over the constant for work and pulling my hair out not knowing where the next pay check will come from.

I worked for a small operator for nearly 3 years doing just about anything and everything they asked. Drilling engineer, completions engineer, workovers, recompletions, P&A's. This was all land sites and much of this included onsite supervision. I also dealt with all the regulatory work associated. I solicited bids and generated procedures when in the office.

After the downturn, I did some traveling and soon got back after it, but I could not find anything permanent so I did consulting work of basically everything described above. I also am a Texas P.E.

I found myself enjoying the completions side more than the drilling, but not going to be too picky. I am from Houston and would prefer Houston first.

So if anyone has any leads for an Aggie Engineer with 6+ years work experience, I am interested.

Trevor

trevor dot nichols10 at gmail
Have a look at this job http://www.oilandgasbestjobs.com/oil-and-gas-jobs/field-engineer-houston-texas-united-states/ it's Houston based.

Charlotte
jaggiemaggie
AG
Mav,

Did you the posting on their website? I just checked and didn't see any Comp Engr posting

tpnick87
Thanks charlotte, I'll take a look!

Mav, I didn't see that posting either. I'll keep checking though. Thanks
Maverick06
AG
Hmm looks to be an internal posting. I'll ask the hiring manager about it. They might post internal to see if anyone bites and then will go outside if necessary.
slowmach
I have seen postings from Anadarko, endeavor, and EOG.
tpnick87
I've been still looking around every now and then but new postings are sparse. Hope more opportunities pop up
jaggiemaggie
AG
Yeah I've applied to all 3, had a phone call from EOG and Anadarko but then radio silence
slowmach
I applied to the Anadarko Drilling Engineer role but have not heard anything back. Hopefully my luck turns around soon.
TheMasterplan
slowmach said:

I applied to the Anadarko Drilling Engineer role but have not heard anything back. Hopefully my luck turns around soon.
You gotta do more than just apply man. Have you been to any networking events?
slowmach
I have but have been unable to meet anybody from Anadarko. They are in the process of moving operations to Midland and understand they have had a couple of Engineers quit with the move.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.