Job Network
Sponsored by

Company Being Bought, New Job Pretty Much Lined Up..but

1,146 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by MemphisAg1
Enviroag02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So its common knowledge that my company is being bought, and that the final bid due date is end of May. I have a severance agreement in place in the case that we are bought and the acquiring company lays me off. Its a good chunk of change paid in a lump sum (6 months severance, prorated 2017 bonus, Cobra).

The problem I have now is that I've been looking for another job and think I have found it. I should hear back today or tomorrow. The new company created a new position for me. Anyway, in order to maximize my potential earnings, should I try to slow play the new job and drag it out until after the buyout in hopes for a layoff, should I volunteer for a layoff after the final binding bids are in and seek something like 4 months severance instead, or should I just take the much more stable job now and not risk losing it?
E
AG
Take the new job and dont look back. It will be months before you ever hear back on this potential severance, which isnt a guarantee that you'll be laid off.

Don't risk losing this new more stable job by slow playing it.
OnlyForNow
AG
Mind if I ask who you're currently working for and where you're thinking about going?
MemphisAg1
AG
E said:

Take the new job and dont look back. It will be months before you ever hear back on this potential severance, which isnt a guarantee that you'll be laid off.

Don't risk losing this new more stable job by slow playing it.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.