Job Network
Sponsored by

Question about teaching opportunities in Dallas area

769 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by _lefraud_
Bizag14
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Howdy ags,

So, I just accepted a job in Dallas and now wife and I are relocating from San Antonio. My wife has been a high school teacher for 5 years. She is certified in family consumer sciences and life sciences.

She is starting to look into applying for teaching jobs in the Dallas area, but she has no idea where to start/where to avoid. Any advice about districts to shoot for/what websites are best to find teaching jobs/general advice for finding a job.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks,
_lefraud_
AG
Where will you live? Kids?

Start at the Region 10 job network site and go from there.

Richardson, Plano, McKinney, Frisco are all good starts, but again, it would help to know where you'll live as there are TONS of districts to choose.
JBLHAG03
AG
Yeah, need more specifics. Where do you plan on living? Avoid Dallas and Garland ISD, and you should be fine.

My wife is in her 10th year at Richardson ISD and still likes it, but she is elementary. Half of RISD is actually in Dallas.
Bizag14
AG
My job is in uptown. We will hope to live north of dallas but that will likely depend on who hires her.
We don't have kids but we hope to try this year.

She has just started looking into the schools there and it is easy to become overwhelmed. As you said, there are a lot of districts. I was just wondering if it is best to go website by website to look for openings? Is it too early to really start looking?
_lefraud_
AG
No, it's not too early. I'd hit up principals now, and then again in about a month if you don't hear anything.

Start with the region 10 website, and then go district by district.

Richardson
Coppell
Farmers Branch
McKinney
Allen
Frisch
Lucas Lovejoy
Leonard
Highland Park
Lewisville
Frisco
Forney
Rockwall
Plano
Mesquite
Wylie
Carrolton
Prosper
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.