Job Network
Sponsored by

Opportunities in Aerospace Industry for Experienced Engineers - CT, FL, etc

1,422 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Turb
Turb
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The company I work for is aggressively recruiting at the moment, looking to bring in experienced engineers. Work is in the aerospace industry, and in my opinion is tremendously interesting. Minimum requirement for these positions is a Bachelors degree in an Engineering discipline and 2 years relevant experience - but the opportunities span basically the gamut of engineering disciplines, concentrations, and degrees. Every department/team is rapidly adding people.

If this sounds interesting, but you're concerned that your experience is from a different industry (O&G, Construction, etc), it doesn't seem like that is a major stumbling block. I've met several people who've transitioned from O&G since the recruiting push has started. The technical experience trumps the industry of origin in a lot of cases given the number of openings that need to be filled.

Most of the opportunities will be in Connecticut, but there are likely a handful located in Florida, as well as maybe a few scattered across different operations centers and Air Force Bases.

Obviously things will vary by team, but I can genuinely say I enjoy working here - very fair hours, flexible work schedule, excellent benefits, and lots of great engineering opportunities/challenges. I moved up to CT to start work as a fresh Mechanical Engineering grad late last year, and it's been a very cool (and sometimes surreal) experience thusfar.

Shoot me an email at ShyamR@Live.com if this sounds like something you would be interested in, and I'll try to help you out best I can.
jamaggie06
AG
Anything in TX? Anything related to structural mechanics? I am a CE with extensive structural design experience and a breadth of knowledge in structural mechanics, dynamics and stability. Would love to get into a more specialized role where my knowledge could be used more precisely.
Turb
AG
jamaggie06 said:

Anything in TX? Anything related to structural mechanics? I am a CE with extensive structural design experience and a breadth of knowledge in structural mechanics, dynamics and stability. Would love to get into a more specialized role where my knowledge could be used more precisely.

There's a tremendous amount of structures work being done (and therefore being recruited for), but there just isn't a real engineering office in Texas unfortunately - just a small operations office in Dallas from what I can tell.

I know there are some structures engineers at the company with exclusively work remotely, and live states away. But I imagine you'd need a track record with the company and/or have a certain technical proficiency within the organization to have that sort of thing approved.

I will say though, the structures work I see being done daily is very cool - lots of working with proprietary algorithms/tools to conduct analyses, really interesting methodologies being applied, etc. It's probably about as technically driven as engineering work can get, which is awesome to see in action.
jamaggie06
AG
Interesting. If only.... I lived in Dallas for four years, but that was five years ago and before I was married. Now I'm settled back in to Houston. When I moved, mt ticket out of the mundane and into the more interesting work was going to be O&G.... and thats dead for now.
Whitetail
AG
You could also work for said "Turb" company doing the same stuff in Atlanta. If that interests any of you, hit me up.
EastAggie
This sounds awfully familiar.
Turb
AG
One other thing of note that I forgot to mention - PhD grads are exempt from the "2 year relevant experience" requirement the company is looking for. So if yourself, or someone you know is in such a program, this would be a solid opportunity - from what I've seen, PhD grads clock in at a very healthy level upon hire.
Turb
AG
Bumping this, I've been working with a few different people who expressed interest. Plenty of openings to go around.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.