Job Network
Sponsored by

Military Linguists / Cryptologic Language Analysts

703 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Average Joe
AggieEP
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm a current Military linguist in the Air Force (not a recruiter and don't have any interest in recruiting) and a member of the class of '07.

Over the past few years I come on here from time to time and post a little about the job in case there are Aggies out there looking for either a career change from a dead end dumb job (like I was) or new grads eager to start their first career.

For anyone who wants to get their foot in the door with the Intelligence community it's a pretty good deal to serve your country for 6 years (less in the Army and they will even send National Guard Soldiers to the Defense Language Institute) and get a Top Secret clearance along with top notch training in a defense critical language.

Please see my post on the Military board (More linguist Info) and reply to either of these threads if you want more information.

AggieEP
I'll bump this once just because I really feel like there are aggies out there that this could be a dream opportunity for.
Average Joe
AG
You and I are the same age and might have had an opportunity to serve together. Instead I ended up finding out the hard way that I have Crohn's disease the Friday before I was supposed to ship to BMT. Also found out at MEPS that I'm colorblind, so taking the DLAB was one of the few chances I had of doing something that sounded cool. Made a 119 on the DLAB somehow, and was ready to ship May 4th, 2010.

Glad to know I made a good choice even though I didn't get to live it out.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.