Job Network
Sponsored by

New to the roofing/sales industry. Looking for advice and connections!

1,419 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by bbb78
AdamValenta
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Hey there everyone, My name is Adam Valenta. I'm a international studies major/business minor at A&M co'19. I was looking to start my own roofing company this summer, but was persuaded to hold off on that and work for a very trusted company in my home town. I will be working as a sub contractor and will be trying to connect and sell roofs in BCS and surrounding areas.

Really what i'm looking for is some advice as to how to get started here in this market. Im also looking for some great connections!

A little about myself: I started my first business in high school (t-shirt co.) it failed miserably. Once I graduated High School, I told myself I wasn't going to college. I started my 2nd business (detailing business) and worked that business until I made the decision that I REALLY had to come to A&M because of the opportunity I saw here. I worked extremely hard, taking 24 hours last spring to get to A&M. I came out with a 3.78 and still couldn't get into Mays, which explains why Im in liberal arts minoring in business. My experience here at A&M has been the most memorable so far, and i'm looking to continue the amazing traditions held at A&M in the work I do. I am a firm believer in honesty, transparency, and accountability. I think that can go a long way in any career field. Being a good human and caring for others goes extremely far and is always the most rewarding.

Thats a little about who I am! If anyone has any advice/constructive criticism, I accept all of it. I love growing and have a passion for people. If anyone is looking to connect let me know and I would love to talk. Thanks!
End Of Message
AG
I forget his name but a good TexAg'er did my standing seam metal roof in SA...fantastic work and was very pleased.

http://www.williamsonroofing.com/
bbb78
AG
Just beware that a lot of neighborhoods have social media pages (Facebook, NextDoor) so make sure you never make a customer angry or they will destroy your opportunities in that neighborhood.

On the flip side, if you do a great job, they will sing your praises.
BrianDemarais
AG
Adam- If you have interest in moving to Dallas, I have several reputable roofing and contractor contacts.

If so, feel free to email me.
brian@smithallen.com
jaggiemaggie
AG
Adam

Shoot me an email at username at gmail

IrishTxAggie
AG
bbb78 said:

Just beware that a lot of neighborhoods have social media pages (Facebook, NextDoor) so make sure you never make a customer angry or they will destroy your opportunities in that neighborhood.

On the flip side, if you do a great job, they will sing your praises.

As a professional salesman, I would think these Facebook and NextDoor pages can be used as a tool for prospecting too. Just a thought.
agdaddy04
AG
Aren't most of them closed groups?
IrishTxAggie
AG
agdaddy04 said:

No idea. I'm a B2B salesman. Was just a thought.
AdamValenta
Thanks for the replies guys. What I've done so far is create a short survey to kinda get a gauge of the market here in BCS and what the customer is looking for. Im thinking this will be a good way to start my personal brand on the right foot. In as sense, I want this survey to show that i'm putting the customers first and truly value their experience. Im going to put the survey in the lines below and see if it works. This is a test survey so far and it has little polish to it.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeexMI322Q4jEm-YPUEZQ_gzqIrnVX5bVURhoscX9KNcEYTIg/viewform?c=0&w=1
EcoZapp.AC&Air.Purifiers
Shoot me an e-mail at ecozapp1@gm ail.com
I have no interest in the roofing business, but I happen to know where you can find some extremely valuable info and people to grow a roofing business extremely fast. I'll be happy to meet and show you
bbb78
AG
ColinAggie said:

agdaddy04 said:

No idea. I'm a B2B salesman. Was just a thought.
Each board sets their own rules. Most are closed and/or secret.

Our neighborhood has lightened up a little. For a while you couldn't even give kudos to a contractor who did a good job because they might have given you a little discount to make a post. You could only make a recommendation if someone asked for one. Enough people figured out the work around by doing a search for an old post of someone looking for a recommendation. You just update the thread by recommending your guy.

Do a good job and the word will get out.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.