Job Network
Sponsored by

Looking for Reservoir Engineer - PE Backed Independent

876 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by topher06
topher06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
My company is looking for a reservoir engineer. I work in land and legal, so I am not going to be extremely influential in selecting a candidate (although I will have a voice, and I am obviously biased towards Aggies). I am basing the information below off a sheet prepared by our engineers, but have added some information to help you better apprise the opportunity.

About our company:
We are an aggressive growth oriented, independent located in Farmington, NM, and we are in our second iteration with the same private equity group. We currently own a substantial position in the San Juan Basin, both PDP and unproven acreage, but are looking to grow that base significantly within the year via acquisitions or bolt-on activity. Simultaneously, we intend to grow our PDP base via a Q2 2017 drilling program. Although we have grown in connection with one large acquisition, we remain a company where all functions have almost daily interaction with one another.

Responsibilities:
  • Create a comprehensive development plan to maximize value by optimization of well density and hydrocarbon recovery in unconventional and tight oil and gas assets
  • Provide reservoir engineering and economic evaluation support to plan and implement future drilling programs
  • Evaluate reserves and economic potential of asset acquisition opportunities
  • Support budget, long-range planning and reserves activity

Qualifications/Specifications:
  • Bachelor's degree in Engineering (Petroleum Engineering discipline preferred, MBA a plus)
  • 5 to 15 years of reservoir engineering experience, including recent experience with unconventional (tight reservoirs and/or shale) resource quantification. Experience in multiple basins prefferable, but not required
  • Advanced proficiency in ARIES and Excel
  • Located in Farmington, NM or willingness to move to Farmington, NM
  • Preference will be given to candidates with A&D experience

The compensation package would be competitive, and may include some relocation assistance for domestic candidates.

If you have any interest in exploring this opportunity, please send me your email to my gmail using cjj395 as the addressee. I will get it to the right people for review. Thanks.
HollywoodBQ
AG
topher06 said:

My company is looking for a reservoir engineer.

• Located in Farmington, NM or willingness to move to Farmington, NM

That's probably going to be a challenge. It's going to take a unique individual who has the qualifications you're after and who is willing to pack up and move to rural New Mexico.

I've got a buddy who is a Reservoir Engineer but I don't think he's going anywhere that isn't Kingwood.
topher06
I understand, which was the reason for the disclosure upfront.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.