Job Network
Sponsored by

Do I have the job?

2,400 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by bkeith16
bkeith16
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I recently had a telephone interview followed by a Skype Interview for a seasonal job this upcoming summer.

Both interviews went great, and I felt confident about it.

After the interview, I sent a follow up email and received the following responses:

Brian,
I want you to know that, XXX, liked you and that you are in the running for the Activities Crew for the 2017 season. I have several other applicants that I need to give the same opportunity that you had. I will be in touch.
One question that I may have already asked. What is the earliest you could arrive and can you stay until September 10th?

Respectfully,

XXXX

My response:

Thank you for reaching out. I am really excited about the opportunity.

The earliest I could arrive would be the 15th of May. My graduation is scheduled for Saturday the 13th, and I would need some time to move out of my apartment and travel to the ranch.

Also, I'm hoping that I can stay until mid-September. I have reached out to my recruiter for my full time position, and I am waiting to hear back from her. The last time I talked to her(back in October) she informed me that there would be 2 start groups, 1 in the first week of September and the other in the latter part of September. I will let you know as soon as I hear back from her, and I will definitely let her know that I would prefer to be in the later start group.

Regards,

His response:

May 15th will be fine. However September 10th is the latest I can keep you on payroll for the season. I will start sending you paperwork later in the week so we can start the hiring process.

His response: ( a few days later) Sorry for the delay. I am still going through resumes and making decisions. Attached is the application to get the paperwork started. Return this to me and we will go from here. Thanks!

He emailed me an employment application and I returned it later that day, to which he responded:

This is good for now. I will keep in touch.

So, my question is: Do I have the position or not? I find it interesting they had me do the phone and skype interviews BEFORE I filled out an application. Seems like the order would be reversed. The bit about him still going through resumes makes me feel like I am still being evaluated, but the fact that he said "start the hiring process" would lead me to believe that I have the job. I realize I'm being a little impatient, but it has been a week since I've heard anything back.

Thanks in advance!
Chipotlemonger
AG
Ingteresting. Just call them or send a quick follow up. Some people just are not that good over emails. It can be hard to know what they intend on saying.

Edit: Saw the part about not hearing back for over a week. I would call and be blunt, don't sugarcoat it.
BrazosDog02
AG
Agree. Word it nicely, but basically you need to know if you have the job secured or not. Some people, as stated, are pretty terrible at emails. I am even guilty of it sometimes. I assume an email implies something because I understand what it is I'm trying to say but often times forget that the person receiving it may not make the same assumptions.

I'd email very cleanly and bluntly to find out.
Vernada
AG
I would say no, you do not have the job yet.

He is just getting you to do all the paperwork so things go quicker on his end once he makes up his mind.
JamesPShelley
I would suggest the job is yours, and he is simply going through the motions on his end. He's lining up all his ducks... and you're first in line.
Ag_Eng98
AG
It sounds like you do not have the job yet. As long as a better candidate doesn't come along, you are in good shape but most companies and people don't make the decision until they are either out of candidates or out of time. ...and an application is for anyone who makes it past the first screening.
bkeith16
AG
Got the job offer this morning. Whoop!!
Vernada
AG
bkeith16 said:

Got the job offer this morning. Whoop!!
Now you have the job!

congrats.
tamu80
AG
Just curious, what is this job?

My guess is that you are a cast member in the hootenanny jamboree - five shows a day.
bkeith16
AG
I'll be working as an activities guide at Vermejo Park Ranch.

It's a guest ranch in Northern NM owned by Ted Turner.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.