Job Network
Sponsored by

Seeking entry level bridge engineers (Civil/Structural) for the State of Alaska

1,120 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by TommyGun
jetescamilla
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The state of Alaska has a couple of full time positions that we are advertising for structural EIT's or students whom may be graduating in May and have an interest in bridge design. The web link to the online application can be found below:

This position is open to all applicants nationwide and the application period ends 3/6/17. This is a "Flex" position and based on the candidates experience they could come in as an Engineering Assistant (EA) 1, EA2 or EA3. That being said, a new grad will most likely come in at an EA1.

This position would be a great entry into bridge design performing all aspects bridge including design, load ratings, and my favorite portion of the job during the summers, bridge inspection. During the summers there will be a fair amount of travel across the state of Alaska, sometimes to very remotes areas. At these positions we pay overtime for any work outside the standard work week of 37.5 hours (5- 7.5 hour days of work per week). The starting salary for the EA1 is at $54,600, however advancement at these entry level positions does happen fast. A younger engineer here moved from the EA1 position to the EA3 position within 2 years and that base salary currently sits at $71,916. Again, this does not include the overtime pay (1.5 X's) that is common during our busy summer inspection season.

If you are interested and have a few more questions regarding the position feel free to ask.

https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/alaska/jobs/1649531/engineering-assistant-i-ii-iii-25-dot271

Thank you!
HollywoodBQ
AG
If only I was 22 again.
jetescamilla
AG
bump
Ag13
AG
Interested in networking. Do you do this same type of job in Alaska?
jetescamilla
AG
Yes I am a bridge engineer with the State of Alaska.
jetescamilla
AG
Bump
TommyGun
AG
That would be an awesome job for a young adventurous engineer!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.