Job Network
Sponsored by

looking for EPC construction jobs in greater houston area

3,813 Views | 26 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by AgLA06
healthaggie1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
anyone with Bechtel, Fluor, Jacobs, etc and looking for a TAMU CoSci grad with 4 years of Project experience in the field?

Currently employed on one in Florida so not desperate but current project wont last forever. Want to get back to Houston as well.

Prefer to be on a project but would also interview for home office jobs with project potential.

Again, not desperate but I do have a good resume for the industry if you know someone hiring.

Thanks in advance
GEA89
AG
I know Fluor isn't hiring as my next door neighbor works in personnel there and I checked for you. All I got but good luck to you.
Marauder Blue 6
AG
I've seen a lot of destaffing at EPCs lately. At the same time, I know that some of the EPCs you've mentioned and others are bidding jobs so they could start hiring again within the next year or two. I'd say it's a good time to be networking at the EPCs so you're ready when the next wave comes. With the new administration having what seems to be an energy-friendly attitude, I'm starting to see a bit of cautious optimism that I haven't seen in a long time.
mm98
AG
Marauder Blue 6 said:

I've seen a lot of destaffing at EPCs lately. At the same time, I know that some of the EPCs you've mentioned and others are bidding jobs so they could start hiring again within the next year or two. I'd say it's a good time to be networking at the EPCs so you're ready when the next wave comes. With the new administration having what seems to be an energy-friendly attitude, I'm starting to see a bit of cautious optimism that I haven't seen in a long time.
This.

Darn near everything we've seen from major Houston EPCs has been budgetary pending future approvals. Its been a rough stretch but I do think we've hit the bottom from a major project standpoint...there are many projected to move forward the later half of this year.

One thing to also consider, the EPC trend lately has been to outsource a lot of engineering and procurement to their low cost centers in Asia. No sign of that slowing down, so the willingness to take field assignments might help your long term chances.
g_werch
AG
CB&I seems to be the busiest right now. I would check them out. If final funding is ever approved for Magnolia LNG, KBR will be hiring. The current plan is for it to kick off by July.
RangerRick9211
AG
Fluor and WorleyParsons have been working on Lyondell's PO/TBA. I know some site-prep and infrastructure to support construction have already kicked-off.
Frederick Palowaski
AG
What kind of projects? Any highway/bridge experience?
Frederick Palowaski
AG
g_werch said:

CB&I seems to be the busiest right now. I would check them out. If final funding is ever approved for Magnolia LNG, KBR will be hiring. The current plan is for it to kick off by July.

Yep. CB&I was just awarded another $6B project in Louisiana
gigemJTH12
AG
RangerRick9211 said:

Fluor and WorleyParsons have been working on Lyondell's PO/TBA. I know some site-prep and infrastructure to support construction have already kicked-off.
so Fluor got the construction for that job? I knew they have the EP and were working on the C.

is that the one in LaPorte?
gigemJTH12
AG
g_werch said:

KBR has been on hold with Magnolia for what seems like forever
RangerRick9211
AG
I'm not entirely sure on the construction. They were awarded the front-end engineering and design. We've been executing support projects for PO/TBA direct contract to Lyondell but designed and managed by Fluor.

This is Lyondell Channelview. It's the area between the North and South plants, just south of Wallisville.
HollywoodBQ
AG
Quote:

I'd say it's a good time to be networking at the EPCs so you're ready when the next wave comes.
+1
5 years after my old man left Fluor, they were still calling him whenever they would bid jobs in the Middle East. Of course since they still show some of his successful projects as achievements on their web site, I guess it makes sense that they'd give him a call. But yeah... Network, Network, Network. If the price of oil keeps rising, I think there's going to be a lot more work.

If you want an earful and some laughs, get my dad on a roll about the Ju'aymah 6 mile long trestle into the Arabian Gulf

HollywoodBQ
AG
RangerRick9211 said:

I'm an IT guy and I've done some work at WorleyParsons HQ in Perth, Western Australia. They were shocked that I knew about Houston. I was more shocked that I met some Aussies who had lived in Houston and loved it.
gigemJTH12
AG
anyone know who got the Lyondell/Laporte job? I know Zachry was informed this week that they did not get it and that someone else is in negotiations now.
HBCanine08
AG
GEA89 said:

I know Fluor isn't hiring as my next door neighbor works in personnel there and I checked for you. All I got but good luck to you.
Well damn. I applied for a legal role there a few weeks ago.
Dr. Venkman
AG
There's an opening at my company for a project manager.
https://dashiell.applicantstack.com/x/detail/a2jsjjnebg5s
AgLA06
AG
Do you have an email where I can ask some questions? I have similar experience on the Subsea EPC side.
mm98
AG
Which project...there are multiple.

Hyperzone project?

PE#2 Unit?
eeinhouston
S&B just hired an ME I know.
Dr. Venkman
AG
charles0608ag at gmail
AgLA06
AG
Got it. You can take it down.

I'm working today, but I'll shoot you an email before Monday.
07&09Ag
07&09Ag
Agla, if your interseted in the utilities realm, we are looking for a couple PM's as well. Have a couple large programs that we are staffing up for.
AgLA06
AG
I'm just starting to think about looking, but I'm open to anything except IT. My background is commercial development/construction and Subsea Oil and Gas. I've got 10 years of experience in Operation and Project Management on projects up to $400 million from front end design and Engineering to delivery.

What's the best way to reach you?
gigemJTH12
AG
bump..similar situation
BurnetAggie99
Burns and McDonnell have openings
07&09Ag
Not sure how I missed this back in April but we still need help.

07.09.14ag AT gmail DOT com.
AgLA06
AG
Email sent
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.