Job Network
Sponsored by

Certified Comp Professional Exam

685 Views | 0 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Ark03
h_elise23
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Howdy!

I am thinking about taking the CCP Exams and was wondering how they compare to the PHR?

I took the PHR in June, studied my butt off, and failed.

Has anyone taken the CCP exams or have any pointers or feedback?

Thanks!

Ark03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
h_elise23 said:

Howdy!

I am thinking about taking the CCP Exams and was wondering how they compare to the PHR?

I took the PHR in June, studied my butt off, and failed.

Has anyone taken the CCP exams or have any pointers or feedback?

Thanks!

I don't think they really compare. CCP is a series of exams on specific comp topics, typical for a comp analyst. The PHR much broader, and includes more employment law and strategies.

Comp analysts who would breeze through the CCP probably haven't been exposed to 80% of the PHR, and HR generalists who breeze through the PHR or even SPHR wouldn't typically have a clue on the CCP material.

If you are a comp analyst, or are trying to get into that role then by all means take the CCP exams. They are broken into smaller chunks than the PHR, and could be fairly applicable to a comp role. If you aren't on that track and are just looking for letters behind your name, maybe look at the CEBS exams if you want something broader and more transferable to different roles.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.