Job Network
Sponsored by

Halliburton - Landmark SW

2,173 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Sea Gull
aa1101
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Howdy - Any Ags work for HAL in their Landmark space?
CustomMadeSuit10
AG
Did not work in Landmark, but I used to work for Halliburton. Depending on the role, I would avoid Landmark, if possible. Internally, they're basically considered the red headed step child of all the service lines in the Company.

Feel free to PM me and we can talk.
aa1101
AG
Thanks! Not sure if/how I can PM. I've only posted a few times.
klegldb06
AG
Depends on the product at Landmark but some of that suite has fallen behind.

I think Cjhoak may have a contact there but not sure
chjoak
AG
I have no contacts there. I've used a couple Landmark products (not a fan) and have a current co-worker that was laid off from there 15ish years ago.
hangman
I used the landmark products and during training they showed the newer version with a new interface and capabilities. It was so far behind that the "new" interface looked like it was from 10-15 years ago and the interface i was using looks like it's from Windows 95-98. Also a clunky and finicky software but at the end of the day you could get your calculations done so there's that, which is nice.
sixiron
AG
I worked at HAL for a few years and was in the Landmark PSL for 2 of those years but I wasn't a developer. It sounded like they were about to break through in a big way about 3 yrs ago but I think the overall downturn really prevented those efforts. I don't know how things are now but it's true that they are viewed as a stepchild by the rest of the organization.
aa1101
AG
thanks for the help, everyone!

sixiron - i'm not looking at a developer role either. can you share any info on Landmark's size or profitability? I am looking for revenue and other financials about them, but HAL doesn't report that info externally.
Sea Gull
AG
What exactly are you interested in doing there? Depending on your answer, I may be able to help...I won't provide any financial data outside of what is released for investors, but I have a few contacts.

And yes, they are viewed as the red headed stepchild...perfect analogy!
aa1101
AG
Thanks for the note, Duck Patrol! I am looking at Finance role that fits my background really well. Any chance that I could email you?
Sea Gull
AG
Sure. AggieDuckPatrol@gmail.com.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.