Job Network
Sponsored by

Question from a transitioning Army officer with business and aviation experience

991 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Complaint Investigator
crunchyo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Hello everyone, I have decided to take the plunge and cut my military service off. When I get out, I will have served 8 years as a helicopter pilot, two of which as a Company Commander. It's been a great time, but I feel I am ready to move on and put my May's Business degree to work!

I was wondering if anyone could send some tips my way on how they were successful in making the transition. I am very aware of military officer "head-hunting" services, but I would like to find a job that I want, rather than potentially be placed in a location and career field that is less desirable to me.

And finally, if anyone is looking for candidates, here are my qualifications. Of course, I can send a resume too. My email is Jordan-Vanicek @ Comcast . net (minus the spaces...sorry, having some forum coding errors).

1. BBA in Management Information Systems from Texas A&M University
2. Aviation Officer in the US Army
3. Two-year early select for Company Command position
4. Rated top 5% among officers
5. About to complete my Six Sigma Green Belt certification through Syracuse University

I am looking to get into Supply Chain Management, Operations, or Strategic Planning.
Ryan34
AG
Do you have location and industry preferences?

Also, when would your target start date be?
crunchyo
Ryan-

Thanks for the reply. I have no specific industry preference. I am looking at staying in Texas, but am open to opportunities outside of Texas as well. I would be able to begin work in June.
KC_Ag14
AG
Boeing has a Supply Chain position in San Antonio posted on LinkedIn. Not affiliated in any way, just came across it. Shows up on my feed because I live in San Antonio I guess. Just passing along a potential lead. Best wishes!
RGRAg1/75
AG
If you'd like to talk to someone that walked a similar path, let me know. A friend of mine, and former coworker, was an Apache pilot who's done a few different things since leaving the service. I'm sure he'd be glad to talk to you.
Whoop04
Shoot me an email if you want to chat. I was a marine corp helo guy and went back to A&M 1.5 years ago for an MBA.

jmelear@gmail.com
Complaint Investigator
AG
There is a huge Veterans transition group on LinkedIn called Veteran Mentor Network. Start there.

Also - company I work for might interest you. They hire a ton of veterans, and I was hired through their military/veteran recruiter. It's a large, publicly traded, international employer.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.