Job Network
Sponsored by

Working for free to get experience

1,944 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by shihitemuslim
jaggiemaggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I don't even know how to get the ball rolling on an idea I have so I wanted to get TexAgs help...

Was a completions engineer for 4.5 years, but was laid off last Sept. I have operations experience from my last 2 jobs but so does a lot of people job hunting. I've interviewed with some good leads but nothing....

I've been enjoying the time I've been spending with my wife and 2 year old, but I'm starting to get restless at home. I was thinking I could offer to work as an engineer, tech or whatever is needed for free a small start up here in Houston to get more exposure in reservoir and/or production engineer. I could offer 3 months like an internship and see where it goes from there. Is this even possible? How would I even approach a company with an offer like this? Most importantly, anyone here have any contacts or own their own O&G and want to take me up on my offer?
JamesPShelley
jaggiemaggie said:

I don't even know how to get the ball rolling on an idea I have so I wanted to get TexAgs help...

Was a completions engineer for 4.5 years, but was laid off last Sept. I have operations experience from my last 2 jobs but so does a lot of people job hunting. I've interviewed with some good leads but nothing....

I've been enjoying the time I've been spending with my wife and 2 year old, but I'm starting to get restless at home. I was thinking I could offer to work as an engineer, tech or whatever is needed for free a small start up here in Houston to get more exposure in reservoir and/or production engineer. I could offer 3 months like an internship and see where it goes from there. Is this even possible? How would I even approach a company with an offer like this? Most importantly, anyone here have any contacts or own their own O&G and want to take me up on my offer?
You are invited to connect with me. I've been down that road... many times.

Happy belated Thanksgiving.
shihitemuslim
AG
Would you consider a job in the medica field
jaggiemaggie
AG
shihitemuslim said:

Would you consider a job in the medica field
possibly.. can you email me at username at gmail dot com for more details?

Thanks
78bc3
AG
Please check with Former Student Career Services fscshelp@tamu.edu
Paul Pausky BC3 '78
shihitemuslim
AG
I know an aggie that is in a management position in field called neuromonitoring. It is a small field that is hard to get started into because you have to do some apprentice like training and log cases but once you pass an exam it's a great field. Hours are good and job security is great because of the limited people doing it. Techs can make into the six figures when they are experienced. The guy I would contact is Romey Foteh at Neuroconnect. Tell him you heard about it at Texags. His email is:

rfoteh at neuroconnectllc.com

They are looking to train someone now
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.