Job Network
Sponsored by

Any contacts at Air Liquide

3,358 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by TraditionsPD
htxag09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone here work at Air Liquide?

I just applied for a supply chain position in Houston that I'm really interested in.

Email is username at gmail or you can PM me.

TIA
killbutchereat
Lol don't work there.
htxag09
AG
Why do you say that?
I Am A Critic
TraditionsPD used to post Air Liquide supply chain jobs on this board a while back. From what i understand, several Ags got jobs there due to his posts. I'd search and see if he has stars and PM him.
AgsForTheWin
AG
Just sent you an email
htxag09
AG
Thanks for the assistance!
fire09
AG
Their merger with Air gas has left a lot of displaced employees. Best of luck, it's chaos over there right now.
TraditionsPD
AG
I left early 2012 and i work downtown Houston now for a Fortune 500 company. I wouldn't be where I am today without air liquide and enjoyed my time there However, I have never regretted my move and it doesn't sound like the same place from my contacts there.
TraditionsPD
AG
18 Ags ended working at Air Liquide through my posts on Texags.
NC2001
AG
Does anyone currently work for Air Liquide? I was approached by a Recruiter for a position I'm interested in, but I am curious as to how the market has affected their business.
HBCanine08
AG
TraditionsPD said:

This guy right here helped me get my first job out of college. #neverforget

Let me know if your company needs in-house counsel!
HBCanine08
AG
TraditionsPD said:

However, I have never regretted my move and it doesn't sound like the same place from my contacts there.
It isn't. I still keep in touch with my old supervisor.
I Am A Critic
TraditionsPD said:

Are most of them still there or have they used the positions as stepping stones to other opportunities?
HBCanine08
AG
I left to go to law school. At the time, they had a program in place where they helped you pay for your MBA at UH. Not sure if that is still available.
NC2001
AG
So...is there anyone I can PM or email who currently works for Air Liquide that I can asks some questions regarding the company? There's a Director's position I'm interested in.
bevokilla
AG
I Am A Critic said:

TraditionsPD said:

Are most of them still there or have they used the positions as stepping stones to other opportunities?
I think I am the only 1 left.
Aggiekmn88
Great! What are your tips to working at Air Liquide? Do you know of anyone that may know of mechanical or proposals
Aggiekmn88
Where are you working now? I am actively looking for a new job. Do you know of anyone that may know of mechanical engineering project management and proposals engineering
bevokilla
AG
Aggiekmn88 said:

Great! What are your tips to working at Air Liquide? Do you know of anyone that may know of mechanical or proposals
I am not involved in that side of the business at all but my understanding is that they just cut our internal engineering department pretty significantly.
TraditionsPD
AG
I'm currently at Waste Management and really like it. Shoot me a PM and I can discuss how things were. I can look at the WM job board and see what is out there.
TraditionsPD
AG
Job Description
Project Manager II - Remote Work Location Available - (17000569)
Primary Location
: United States-Texas-Houston

Flexible Work Location Acceptable: Work Remotely
:
Shift
: Day
Travel
: Yes, 25 % of the Time

Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran

Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.

I. Job Summary
Oversees planning and execution of large and moderately complex projects.

II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
  • Inspects and analyzes project sites, and monitors compliance with policies, procedures, and regulations.
  • Assembles project teams, assigns individual responsibilities, develops project schedules and determines and acquires resources needed.
  • Develops and maintains project plans and budgets, and prepares and analyzes project performance reports.
  • Negotiates, administers, and manages contracts of contractors and consultants.
  • Serves as liaison between team members and functional area management requesting project.
  • Supervises team work processes and procedures and expenses, and supports programs which drive team performance toward departmental and organizational goals.
  • Reviews and evaluates work to ensure quality, timeliness and ensures quality control in adherence to policies and procedures.
  • Oversees project personnel needs including coaching, training, and evaluating employee performance.
  • Provides input into termination, compensation, and promotion decisions.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
The highest level of supervisory skills required in this job is the management of non-supervisory employees. This includes:

Direct supervision of _ full-time employees.

IV. Qualifications
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.

A. Education and Experience
  • Education: Bachelor's Degree (accredited), or in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and four years of relevant work experience.
  • Experience: Five years of relevant work experience (in addition to education requirement).
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
  • None required.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
  • Project planning, budgeting, Landfill Engineering/Environmental Remediation, Regulatory knowledge, contract management, and general waste industry knowledge required.

V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.

Normal setting for this job is: office setting and/or landfill/outdoor.

Benefits
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.

If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply

TraditionsPD
AG
Project Manager, Fleet Strategy - (17000188)
Primary Location

:
Shift

Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.

I. Job Summary
Waste Management is seeking an energetic project leader, with hands-on business analysis experience, to help us transform the way technology and process is used to improve and standardize our fleet maintenance practices and fleet strategy. The Project Manager position will be responsible for performing end-to-end, cross-discipline leadership throughout the project lifecycle, while combining technical expertise with business acumen to conduct business process and requirements analysis, solution assessments, and preliminary cost/benefit analyses to align solutions with Waste Management business strategy. In this role, you will work in a matrixed environment and will be responsible for owning and leading projects across multiple disciplines (IT, Corporate, Field), while documenting & managing business requirements, business processes changes and recommendations related to the proposed solution via industry standard analysis techniques and driving change management into field-based fleet maintenance operations. The Project Manager will also apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help support the development process, and to ensure that project deliverables are met per business requirements.

II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the essential duties satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.

5+ years experience serving as Project Manager with extensive hands-on business analysis experience on enterprise-level projects with high visibility.
Ability to lead design sessions and drive solution decisions utilizing their solid grasp on the business problem and the right solution to solve it.
Ability to conduct user workshops, define requirements, write business cases, and design workflow processes.
Create and maintain project plans and responsible for financial forecasting, tracking, managing issue/risk and reporting.
Proven track record of managing and meeting project deadlines and delivering high-quality solutions.
Demonstrated proficiency in project management skills to drive projects from requirements to on-time, on-budget delivery.
Overall understanding of technology and business concepts, trends, and capabilities with ability to quickly apply them to the organization's environment.
Strong analytical and communication skills. Must be able to communicate effectively and confidently with IT and business partners, project team members and senior management.
Extensive experience leading and driving projects IT and business organizations to reach agreement on scope, obtain resources as required and ensure proper preparedness.
A leader in aiding in definition of maintenance and fleet strategy, identifying process improvements and driving change across a geographically, distributed environment.
Strong ability to interface with senior-level stakeholders in both Information Technology and the business units to partner on project scope, risk mitigation and issue resolution.

This job has no supervisory duties.

IV. Qualifications
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.

Required Education:
Bachelor's Degree, or equivalent experience, in Computer Science, MIS, Engineering, Business Administration or similar area of study.
Desired Education:
Masters Degree (MBA) or equivalent experience.
Experience:
5 years of relevant work experience (in addition to education requirement).

Preferred: PMP certified.

Outstanding teamwork skills. Ability to work and lead teams to drive change within a process and/or system.
Keen attention to detail, strong organization skills, ownership and accountability.
Demonstrated analytical and qualitative abilities. Ability to analyze business problems and competitive opportunities and define and justify solutions.
Ability to work in fast-paced environment and able to undertake a wide variety of challenging tasks.
Proven record of leadership and project management.
Strong ability to collaborate with corporate senior leadership, senior technologists and business stakeholders to align business requirements to solution delivery.
Demonstrated ability to convert strategic goals and objectives into results.
Articulate, intelligent, and energetic. Demonstrates intellectual curiosity regarding business results and driving to the explanatory variables driving those results.
Capable of translating and presenting technical concepts into practical business terms (and vice versa) for leaders both small and large group settings.
Strong written and verbal communications skills and the ability to effectively express complex concepts to non-technical audiences (e.g. in business terms).

Desired Skills and Knowledge:
Experience in the Waste Collection and Disposal industry driving process and technology changes across a distributed operating environment.
Knowledge of collection vehicles and fleet maintenance best practices.
Experience with and proficiency in AssetWorks' Fleet Focus M5 (Compass) fleet management system.

Benefits
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.

TraditionsPD
AG
Web Analytics Lead - (17000756)
Primary Location

Flexible Work Location Acceptable: No
:
Shift
Travel
: Yes, 10 % of the Time

To enable our business to expand our lead in a market increasingly enhanced by technology, Waste Management is undertaking a substantial technology transformation. We are seeking talented Information Technology professionals to join the Waste Management team who are motivated to help us transform the way we design, build and use technology. With your skills and experience, we look for you to combine your technical expertise with industry best practices in an effort to align information technology solutions with Waste Management business strategy.

I. Job Summary
[ol]
  • Derive recommendations from analysis that have impact on multiple teams and provide significant business value.
  • Own the maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to drive key business decisions.
  • Analyze and solve problems at their root, stepping back to understand the broader context.
  • Demonstrate analytical and quantitative skills and ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases.
  • Respond to high priority requests and tickets for multi-department initiatives.
  • [/ol]II. Duties and Responsibilities
    To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. Other ancillary duties may be assigned.
    • 4+ years of experience in a quantitative data driven field
      - A passion for digital marketing, research and analytics
      - Excellent communication and presentation skills
      - Ability to work well with others and work in cross functional teams
      - Ability to manage and prioritize a number of concurrent tasks
      - Ability to clearly explain complex technical ideas to multiple audiences both verbally and in writing
      - Comprehensive knowledge of web analytics , marketing technologies and research techniques (how they work, and how to troubleshoot)
      - Ability to move beyond descriptive analytics and employ more sophisticated techniques (predictive & prescriptive analytics)
      - Familiarity with data analysis and visualization; experience with manipulating complex data to create business insights.
    • Understanding of statistical analysis methodologies
    • Leading, mentoring and training analysts
    • Ability to link web analytics results to data from other sources to drive insights.
    • Ability to independently identify trends, get to root cause, and drive second order insights from web analytics reports and data.
    • Mastery of and comfort with large data sets
    • May coach and mentor less-experienced analyst and act as team leader on systems projects.
    Technical Skills :
    • Experience / familiarity in advanced analytics software packages
    • Experience/ familiarity in ad-serving and web analytics tools (Omniture, Telium, Google Analytics, etc.)
    • Experience / familiarity with concepts of database design and SQL
    • Experience / familiarity with SEO/SCM capabilities
    • Experience / familiarity with digital ad effectiveness research
    • Experience with multivariate and A/B testing.
    • Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
    • Familiarity with web technologies including HTML and Javascript
    IV. Qualifications
    • Education: Bachelor's Degree (accredited) in Interaction Design, Information Design, Interface design, Human-Computer Interaction or similar area of study, or in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and 4 years of relevant work experience.
    • Experience: Five years of relevant work experience (in addition to education requirement).
    • None required.
    • Understanding of current web technologies and core web graphics formats.
    • Creative, conceptual and problem-solving skills.
    • Ability to work as a team player and interact with other technical teams.
    • User research and analysis.
    • Usability audits and testing.
    • Interaction Design.
    • Information Architecture.
    • Visual design and branding.
    D. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities that Contribute to Success
    • May require advanced skills in one or more of the following: - Various applications, databases, and technologies including but not limited to: Axure (preferred),Visio, Omnigraffle, MS-Office, HTML, CSS, JavaScript, Adobe Dreamweaver, Fireworks, Photoshop, Illustrator, Adobe Flash.
    • Mastery of web design principles, information design, typography, color, and layout for web sites, application and mobile devices.
    • Project Management experience.
    • Ability to lead a team and/or process.
    • Previous supervisory experience is preferred
    • Content management systems.
    • Analytics including Omniture, Google and Clicktale.
    • Search Engine Optimization and Search Engine Marketing.
    V. Work Environment
    Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable
    accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
    Normal setting for this job is: office setting.

TraditionsPD
    AG
    Business Analyst III - (16013814)
    Primary Location

:
    Shift
    Travel
    : Yes, 50 % of the Time

To enable our business to expand our lead in a market increasingly enhanced by technology, Waste Management is undertaking a substantial technology transformation. We are seeking talented Information Technology professionals to join the Waste Management team who are motivated to help us transform the way we design, build and use technology. With your skills and experience, we look for you to combine your technical expertise with industry best practices in an effort to align information technology solutions with Waste Management business strategy.

I. Job Summary
    Acts as a liaison between the Technology and the business of new systems and enhancement of existing systems. Conducts advanced level business process analysis, needs assessments and preliminary cost/benefit analysis in an effort to align Technology solutions with business initiatives.

II. Duties and Responsibilities
    To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. Other ancillary duties may be assigned.

• Acts as a liaison between technical staff and business owners.
    • Contributes advanced knowledge in formulating systems scope and objectives relative to the organization's business plan and user requirements, process flow definitions and functional specifications.
    • Documents requirements and formulates test plans with QA and other partner groups prior to requesting business user testing.
    • Coordinates with users to determine and document business and user requirements, process flow definitions, and functional specifications.
    • Responsible for document repositories, maintenance and updates of project documentation library.
    • Leads project team with gaining business user/field acceptance.
    • Reviews progress and evaluates results for accuracy and efficiency.
    May coach and mentor less-experienced analysts and act as team leader on systems projects.

IV. Qualifications

• Education: Bachelor's Degree (accredited) in Computer Science, MIS, Business Administration, or in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and 4 years of relevant work experience.
    • Experience: 5 years of relevant work experience (in addition to education requirement).
    • None required.
    • Advanced knowledge or skills in one or more of the following is required:
    • Systems development, implementation, upgrades and related analysis
    • QA testing, business analyst methodologies, system design and analysis
    • Training and Communication skills
    • None required.
    V. Work Environment and Essential Functions
    Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. [Note: the following is defaulted for office setting position]

Normal setting for this job is: office setting.

Benefits

TraditionsPD
    AG
    Senior Identity Management Engineer - Siteminder - (16004550)
    Primary Location

:
    Shift
    Travel
    : Yes, 10 % of the Time

Waste Management, Inc. is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. The company serves nearly 20 million municipal, commercial, industrial, and residential customers through a network of 367 collection operations, 355 transfer stations, 273 active landfill disposal sites, 16 waste-to-energy plants, 134 recycling plants, and 111 beneficial-use landfill gas projects.

To enable our business to expand our lead in a market increasingly enhanced by technology, Waste Management, Inc. is undertaking a substantial technology transformation. We are seeking an energetic Senior Security Analyst experienced with Identity Management and Single Sign-on technologies.

I. Job Summary
    The Senior Security Analyst will provide expert evaluation of information security issues and make actionable recommendations for authentication infrastructure through policy, practices, risk management, engineering, and improving business operations.
    In this role, you will:
    • Provide Subject Matter Expertise for the design and support of the Single Sign-on implementation
    • Contribute to the design and implementation of the overall Identity Management program
    • Provide consultation to business and technology partners on security requirements and recommended authentication integration patterns
    • Establish work flows and processes to effectively and efficiently manage the identity lifecycle for employees, contractors, business partners, and consumers
    • Maintain the health and operational effectiveness of security systems and tools
    • Provide mentorship and coaching to less-experienced members of the information security team
    II. Duties and Responsibilities include the following. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. Other ancillary duties may be assigned.
    Fully support the deployment of Single Sign-on technology throughout the enterprise from systems design through operational turnover
    • Consult with various application areas to integrate authentication processes with the enterprise standards
    • Develop technologies, processes, workflows, and practices required for full identity lifecycle management (provisioning, de-provisioning, recertification, audit) across multiple platforms and applications
    • Ensure full integration of technologies with enterprise processes (change management, incident management, problem management, monitoring, etc.)
    • Serve as a Subject Matter Expert for CA Siteminder, RSA SecurID
    • Support other identity management technologies such as SailPoint Identity IQ and Microsoft AD
    • Define security requirements, establish baselines and measure compliance, based on applicable laws, regulations, and accepted practices
    • Consult and collaborate with enterprise leadership and technical staff to develop the corporate information security strategy and architecture
    • Respond to and recover from technical and process failures for identity management systems
    • Increase corporate awareness of information security through training and communication
    • Communicates technical and risk assessment results, evaluates engineering and integration initiatives and provides advanced technical support to assess security practices, standards and guidelines.
    • Reviews and recommends the installation, modification or replacement of hardware or software components.
    • Identifies and addresses any configuration change(s) that impact enterprise risk profile.
    • Position may require on-call coverage for evenings, weekends, and holidays.

May coach and mentor less-experienced analysts and act as team leader on projects.

IV. Qualifications

Required: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, MIS, Business Administration or similar area of study. Five years of previous experience required. An additional four years of related experience may substitute for the Bachelor's degree.

Preferred: Masters Degree and seven years of experience in network, host, data and/or application security in multiple operating system environments.

Required: One of the following or will obtain one within the next 12 months: Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), and/or Certified Information Security Manager (CISM).

Preferred: Other professional certifications desired include: CWSP, GIAC.
    Other vendor certifications desired include: CCNA, CCNP, CCSP, MSCE

Advanced knowledge or skills in one or more of the following is required:
    • Broad IT infrastructure knowledge across server platforms, networking, and application infrastructure
    • Scripting and/or programming experience
    • Knowledge of threat and vulnerability and/or risk management processes and technology.
    • Broad security product knowledge
    • Analytical and Problem Solving skills
    • Strong project management skills; working knowledge of group infrastructure
    • Experience in leading/motivating large, diverse workforce; must be able to build camaraderie/trust

May require advanced skills or experience in one or more of the following:
    • Fortune 500 experience.
    • Technical skills across a broad range of computing platforms and network protocols.
    • Experience in several of the following technologies: Firewalls, Intrusion Prevention, Vulnerability Scanning, Data Loss Prevention, Email Security, Endpoint Security, DNS, Web Content Filtering, SEIM, AV, Certificate Authority and encryption.
    • Understanding and experience with IP address space management, subnetting, name resolution, and directory service protocols and be able to participate and guide future network LAN/WAN planning and implementation.
    • Familiarity with common security models and regulations such as ISO 2700X, SOX, HIPAA, GLBA, NERC, and PCI.
    • Ability to support both internal and external audits.
    • Experience in the areas of change control, problem management, incident management troubleshooting of security solutions.
    • Ability to multi-task and work on multiple projects at one time.
    • Ability to communicate both written and verbally.

V. Work Environment and Essential Functions
    Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. [Note: the following is defaulted for office setting position]
    • Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc) most of the work day;
    • Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than 30 pounds rarely;
    • Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc) rarely;
    • Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements rarely;
    • Normal setting for this job is: office setting.
    Refresh
    Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
    See Subscription Benefits
    Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.