Job Network
Sponsored by

Permian Basin - Oil & Gas opportunities?

8,832 Views | 42 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by slowmach
slowmach
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I currently work for private independent oil and gas company located in Midland Texas. They have sold main properties and will divest this year. I am looking for any drilling or production opportunities in the Permian Basin and also open to move outside of midland. I can forward resume on request.
MarleyFeed97
AG
Maybe look at Charger Shale Oil Company... start up just got funding from Oaktree and they will be playing in the Permian. Will be based out of Midland (eventually but i think their folks are actually "commuting" from Houston right now). I'll reach out to a contact to see if they are looking for anyone.
DadsanAG
quote:
Maybe look at Charger Shale Oil Company... start up just got funding from Oaktree and they will be playing in the Permian. Will be based out of Midland (eventually but i think their folks are actually "commuting" from Houston right now). I'll reach out to a contact to see if they are looking for anyone.

Don't reckon your contact is a drilling or completions guy?
MarleyFeed97
AG
No he's a reserves guy... he said they are staffed up right now but can forward a resume to Drilling head. From what I hear they are just about to start their drilling program so maybe it will ramp up soon and something could open up.
slowmach
quote:
No he's a reserves guy... he said they are staffed up right now but can forward a resume to Drilling head. From what I hear they are just about to start their drilling program so maybe it will ramp up soon and something could open up.
I read in the news about this deal but did not have any contacts at Charger. If you could forward my resume I would greatly appreciate it! Not sure if you want to give your email out on this forum but you can email me at rhise08@gmail.com and I can respond with my resume.
MarleyFeed97
AG
slowmach, will email you...

Parsley Energy is another Permian player that may be about to ramp up - I don't have any contacts there though.
slowmach
quote:
slowmach, will email you...

Parsley Energy is another Permian player that may be about to ramp up - I don't have any contacts there though.
I have applied online but no response yet.
DadsanAG
Slow, what position were you applying for? I have a couple connections within PE's completions dept.
jaggiemaggie
AG
DadsanAG

I hate to hijack the thread but I'm currently looking for a Comp Engr position. Could you help pass on my resume ?

Username at gmail. Thank you.
slowmach
quote:
Slow, what position were you applying for? I have a couple connections within PE's completions dept.
Drilling Engineer, I also understand they are looking for a superintendent with Engineering background.
DadsanAG
Email sent.
jaggiemaggie
AG
not sure if you're replying to me, if so, didn't get an email...

just to clarify it's jaggiemaggie at gmail

thanks!
Goose06
AG
Dadsanag, please shot me an email as well. My email is goose06.texags@gmail.com
slowmach
DadsanAG said:

Email sent.
I never received it. Thanks for the help!
DadsanAG
I'll try to resend to all of you this evening or tomorrow AM. Apologies, didn't realize they weren't being received.
DadsanAG
Sent all of you another email. For some odd reason, my Gmail app was putting the previous attempts in the outbox!
slowmach
First two weeks of unemployment was great, but now the time off is killing me. Any suggestions on how I stay positive during unemployment?

I see a lot of positive signs for next year in the Permian and know I will land somewhere but ready to be back working. Looking for Engineer position at e&p company, thanks for the help!
Westicles
AG
My company is currently hiring both completions and production engineers (drilling and reservoir too for that matter) in Midland.

Shoot me an email with info and resume if interested... westicles06 at hotmail.
blackgoldag11
AG
Which company would this be if you don't mind me asking
AggieOiler09
AG
Email sent.
AgDelt03
AG
I have a year with Halliburton as an MWD hand. Living in the Dallas area and would appreciate any thoughts or leads on upcoming job opportunities in Texas.

Thanks and Gig'em.
aggie4231
AG
AgDelt03 said:

I have a year with Halliburton as an MWD hand. Living in the Dallas area and would appreciate any thoughts or leads on upcoming job opportunities in Texas.

Thanks and Gig'em.
Feel sorry for you bro. I got laid off in Aug 15 with a year @ HAL and over 2 mud logging. Got called last NOV and contract hand for 2 months. Hadnt for 10 months and went back to mud logging. Th contract hand company called this Oct offering work.
AgDelt03
AG
Any advice on how to get hired on as a contract hand?
aggie4231
AG
AgDelt03 said:

Any advice on how to get hired on as a contract hand?
Not really. I got lucky. My coordinator and the Contractor Supervisor used to work together. When Hal picked more work back up, my coordinator forwarded my name over.
StoloAg2010
AG
Phil Green at upstream might be able to help. He was a manger at the Houston office for Hal. But they hiring MWDs in the Permian on Hal's website. I was with Hal for 3 years as an Mwd before I was laid off in February, but I've had enough of that field life.
AgDelt03
AG
Yeah, I am applying to every opening on HAL that I see, though occasionally they relist a position with the same req # that I've already been turned down for and it won't let me apply again. Hopefully there aren't to many people ahead of me wanting to get rehired for that lifestyle.
StoloAg2010
AG
Did you work in the Houston district? Try getting in touch with coordinators that are still there?
AgDelt03
AG
No, I worked out of the OK City office. Houston did borrow me for a job once, though I don't recall the coordinator's name. Fortunately, my service coordinator was the only one who survived the layoffs and I stay in touch with him.
gigem1223
Odessa and Kilgore should have quite a few reqs out in several PSLs. We are very short handed and '17 looks to be even busier.
MROD92
Have any of you run across openings for NACE corrosion inspectors?
slowmach
Trying to stay positive but have not landed anywhere. I ran across a job posting on Indeed from Anadarko, does anyone currently work or know anyone in the drilling department?
slowmach
Still looking, anybody looking for Drilling/Production Engineer in Permian?
a.froman
AG
I am not aware of any positions but companies that might be looking include Diamondback Energy, RSP Permian Energy, Anadarko (depends on how many relocate from Houston), and maybe Marathon. They all have made large acquisitions in the Permian and could have needs. Good luck
slowmach
a.froman said:

I am not aware of any positions but companies that might be looking include Diamondback Energy, RSP Permian Energy, Anadarko (depends on how many relocate from Houston), and maybe Marathon. They all have made large acquisitions in the Permian and could have needs. Good luck
Thank you, I have applied or emailed those companies but no calls for interviews. Hopefully it turns around soon, low oil price and vendors raising pricing isn't helping. I understand Cement and Frac have gone up 20% overnight. I'm afraid when operators review AFE after price increases we will see a slow down.
slowmach
I am still looking for employment if anyone is looking for a Drilling/Production Engineer in Midland.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.