Job Network
Sponsored by

James P Shelley Resume Service

47,214 Views | 156 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PlanoAg98
JamesPShelley
How long do you want to ignore this user?
dsvogel05 said:

Based on feedback from this board, I sent Jim an email to see if he could help me. Jim and I traded a few emails and I decided to use his services. What a difference he made for my resume! It helped me land a new position, and now that I'm in a position to hire people, I review a lot of resumes. Every time I see a resume come across my desk I compare it to mine and realize how bad the majority of resumes are. If your resume is in need of a refresh, reach out to Jim and see if he can help you.
I'm delighted that you enjoy your new position and thank you, again, for the privilege of having contributed to that outcome. Your kind words mean a lot to me. Cheers!

mattyd383
AG
Do you have experience translating military service into resumes for folks retiring or transitioning from the military?
JamesPShelley
2-08Ags said:

Do you have experience translating military service into resumes for folks retiring or transitioning from the military?

My experience includes transitionary resumes, including military to civilian. I engineer more than several of those document types each month. Retiring? Usually when someone retires they don't return to work. I'm confused.

You are welcome to connect with me via email. Thank you for your consideration.

I Am A Critic
JamesPShelley said:

2-08Ags said:

My experience includes transitionary resumes, including military to civilian. I engineer more than several of those document types each month. Retiring? Usually when someone retires they don't return to work. I'm confused.

There are people who enlist/commission right out of high school or college, do their 15-20, retire, and join the civilian workforce in their late 30s/early 40s.
Username checks out.
JamesPShelley
I Am A Critic said:

JamesPShelley said:

2-08Ags said:

There are people who enlist/commission right out of high school or college, do their 15-20, retire, and join the civilian workforce in their late 30s/early 40s.
Noted. Thank you.
Ccwhoop16
I had what I thought was a decent resume until using Jim's services. He was incredibly thorough in getting all my previous employment info - details upon details about my past roles - which he then used to tailor my resume. Upon seeing the finished product, I realized just how hard it is to describe yourself and what you do on paper, and how an unbiased "outsider" can sometimes better state things. It was like Jim knew what I was trying to say, and then said it so much better.

I would also like to add Jim is very professional and very responsive. The only delays that happened were on my end. I never had to follow up with Jim, and he always kept me updated. I feel like this is very important in trusting someone that you have met, to know that they are responsive.

Jim is very fair, and easy to work with. If you're considering getting help on your resume, give him a shot at it! I think you'll be pleased. It always helps to have someone who is willing to go deeper than you thought possible.
wessimo
AG
2nd post, huh?

Hi Jim!
JamesPShelley
wessimo said:

2nd post, huh?

Hi Jim!
This guy's wife.

https://texags.com/forums/18/topics/3073810

Nice try, though. Have a great day!
D206
AG
I didn't want to bump this thread back to the first page, but here it is again. You hit the nail on the head. Might be great if you are starting a resume from scratch and need someone to pick it a part until it's organized. In my case he simply reworded everything in a passive tense. I guess that reads better to some, but it also takes the deliberate action out of your accomplishments. Just google passive tense on resume before using him. I'd save my $500 next time.
JamesPShelley
D206 said:

I didn't want to bump this thread back to the first page, but here it is again. You hit the nail on the head. Might be great if you are starting a resume from scratch and need someone to pick it a part until it's organized. In my case he simply reworded everything in a passive tense. I guess that reads better to some, but it also takes the deliberate action out of your accomplishments. Just google passive tense on resume before using him. I'd save my $500 next time.
I don't know who you are, for your forum username doesn't reveal your identity. You are welcome to reconnect with me and I will revise the document to employ language presenting you in whichever manner you desire. I mitigate the use of first-person language for its use is implied.

I'm certain we can conclude the process arriving at a mutually agreeable document.

Thank you for your consideration. Happy Thanksgiving.
MookieBlaylock
AG
Good luck with that

At this point this guy needs to pay to be on here
JamesPShelley
MookieBlaylock said:

Good luck with that

At this point this guy needs to pay to be on here
Happy belated Thanksgiving, Mookie.

It's clear you remain sour, and have so for years. Literally: Years. Not figuratively. Years. I am sorry you continue to feel that way. Many times I have invited you to connect with me so we could remedy your dissatisfaction with the resume I prepared for you. Because your true and real-world identity isn't revealed upon this forum I am unable personally to reach out to you via email or a telephone call.

2020 is just around the corner. Please, connect with me so we can turn this around for you. In the event you don't reach out I wish for you solace, peace, and comfort in 2020.
powerbelly
AG
The fact that people continue to use this fraud instead of the free career services provided to all Aggies is astounding.

MookieBlaylock
AG
I did reach back out to James
He was flippant in his response

TAMUallen
AG
He does a decent resume. I would not recommend after another resume has been done by somebody who writes them professionally (found through linkedin) because the difference is night and day
Petrino1
The truth is most people are better off writing their resumes themselves, as long as they are a decent writer and use the standard resume format. No one can better explain what you do on a day-to-day basis at work better than yourself. Work experience, tenure, education are more important than how your resume looks or how its worded.

Hiring a resume writer isn't going to automatically get you a job at Google if you have been working at McDonald's for 2 years as a cashier. If you are a poor writer, need a resume created from scratch, or are just too lazy to do it yourself, then by all means use a resume writer.

This is coming from someone who used to own a resume writing business, but stopped after dealing with so many difficult/unrealistic/annoying customers
tomtomdrumdrum
AG
tomtomdrumdrum said:

Cool ad.
PlanoAg98
AG
Sent email.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.