Job Network
Sponsored by

James P Shelley Resume Service

46,998 Views | 156 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PlanoAg98
yawny06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Fellow Ags...just have to say this guy is legit. Like Johnny Football legit. Except with resumes and without the sideshow antics.

Incredibly professional service that was quick, responsive, and to the point. And a great value might I add.

Highly recommend his services, even if you aren't searching. Never hurts to have a top notch resume ready to go if and when the right opportunity comes along.

Gig 'Em & BTHO Auburn!

AggieStout
AG
ball park range in price?
JamesPShelley
Thank you, yawny06! That was very kind of you. Your identify remains secret because, well, I don't recognize your screen name!

Be certain to return for the complimentary lifetime updates!
AggieStout
AG
quote:
ball park range in price?
^ So.... is it like a couple hundred or a thousand? what are we talking about here.
Vernada
AG
Why don't you just him an email through his site?
AggieStout
AG
Because people have been posting about how great his work is and how good their resume looks they should be able to provide a ball park price range without me writing up an email. I understand that prices may vary depending on time it takes him but still let give me a ball park range. More than 2,000, less than 1000 ... something
yawny06
AG
I'd just say he is very reasonable. You would likely spend more at an Aggie football game (tickets for a couple people, concessions, parking, etc...).

JamesPShelley
Well, I checked Stubhub and associated aftermarket ticket sites... and you're not far off.

I arrive at my fee after careful analysis of the existing resume, the objective of the new resume, and if it aligns or will align with the employment opportunity the candidate desires to attain. When arriving at my fee I consider the concluding document length, the number of employers and academic institutions, and the existing language employed in the important bullet-points.

I then predict what will be the turnaround on the project considering initial consultation and document review and assessment coincident with my existing professional obligations.

I perform the review and assessment complimentary.
Pacifico
AG
James did a great job with my resume. Just emailed you a new lead.
Texker
AG
Agreed. I need to follow-up with him on a final copy (my delay not his). Highly recommended.
Eliminatus
AG
quote:
Well, I checked Stubhub and associated aftermarket ticket sites... and you're not far off.

I arrive at my fee after careful analysis of the existing resume, the objective of the new resume, and if it aligns or will align with the employment opportunity the candidate desires to attain. When arriving at my fee I consider the concluding document length, the number of employers and academic institutions, and the existing language employed in the important bullet-points.

I then predict what will be the turnaround on the project considering initial consultation and document review and assessment coincident with my existing professional obligations.

I perform the review and assessment complimentary.

This may be the greatest non-answer ever.

I respect that.
AggieStout
AG
quote:
I'd just say he is very reasonable. You would likely spend more at an Aggie football game (tickets for a couple people, concessions, parking, etc...).

What kind of football tickets are we talking opponent wise, like Alabama tickets or UTSA?

I like this answer though, now i can get a good sense to what the price would be. Thanks.
Matsui
BigPuma
AG
you know you can go to the A&M career center and get this done for free.

plus not an Ag.
Vernada
AG
quote:
you know you can go to the A&M career center and get this done for free.

plus not an Ag.

Based on the reviews I think it's safe to ignore all that.
20ag07
So when does a guy peddling his several hundred dollar service on every other thread have to buy an ad?
Vernada
AG
quote:
So when does a guy peddling his several hundred dollar service on every other thread have to buy an ad?

Has he started any threads himself? Seems like he's good at what he does and plenty of people are glad to speak to that.
BigPuma
AG
Sending unsolicited emails might do it though. And the incessant spamming of other threads is annoying.
yawny06
AG
Goodness gracious...

First of all, I am an Ag, I pay to use this site, and I don't start threads very often. I would not have taken the time to make a recommendation to my fellow Ags if I did not believe the service was worth it.

I am sure that the career center offers a fine service as well, although, I have never used it and cannot speak from experience.

I guess some folks just ain't happy unless they can complain about something...
20ag07
Nobody's complaining about your thread.

But this:http://texags.com/forums/18/topics/2783678 is soliciting. He's not offering to help, he's offering to sell.
BrazosDog02
AG
I have not used his service, and I don't really like peddling on every thread but the fact is, now he doesn't have to. He has enough folks to reccomend on his behalf. Should be fine now. That said, you get what you pay for in almost everything in life. I dunno...free resume service vs. paid service for a document that may land you a job or not....

Guess it depends on how important it is. I've seen good resume and poor ones...if you can't write a good resume yourself, then you may consider having someone else do it. It's important.
NC2001
AG
You can see my recommendation for James HERE.

I will vouch for James since he has done a great job in updating my resume and helping me find the job I wanted. Most of his business is done by word of mouth. You see a lot of folks praising his services because he does a phenomenal job in customizing your resume. If you want to know how much I paid, email me (email is in my profile) and I will be more than happy to share that info. You pay for the quality of the service provided, and James offers top notch quality and service.
SuperAg09
AG
I was curious so I sent him my resume a while back and asked for him to look it over. He told me my resume's downfalls and then proceeded to tell me price. It was between 200-400 depending on what all you wanted. I contacted the career center and sent them my resume and the lady gave me tips on what to do and I looked up some resume writing tips online. I revamped my resume, sent it to the career center, and got her approval. Sent my resume out and got an interview and job offer this week.

I can't say James didn't help somewhat but I had a hard time shelling out 400 bucks. I am cheap so i did it myself. To each his own, and if you don't want to put in the 3 or 4 hours it took me to revamp my resume, then I recommend James.
ZooGuy
AG
He is offering a service for a fee. He has good reviews. I don't know why everyone is getting pissy about it.

Texags gonna texags.
Ridge14
400 dollars?
BrazosDog02
AG
People spend that on cable and a cell phone every month. Seems pretty damn reasonable considering you are shooting for a job to sustain your lifestyle.
NC2001
AG
Ridge14 said:

400 dollars?

I paid less than that, but it was the best investment ever. I made 2.5x the salary I made with the new job I got after my revamped resume. But like a previous poster mentioned before, it's up to you how you spend your money.
Maverick06
AG
Ridge14 said:

400 dollars?

For a job that might pay $150-200k for my next move? Pennies in the grand scheme of things. I haven't used his service but am planning to when the time comes and I'm ready to make a jump. Even for a job that pays $50-75k that is a pretty good investment.
20ag07
If you can't write your own resume that lands you a job worth $200K, then your skills aren't worth $200K.
JamesPShelley
20ag07 said:

If you can't write your own resume that lands you a job worth $200K, then your skills aren't worth $200K.

Do you manufacture your own cars for transportation?

Do you perform your own surgical procedures?

Do you raise your own bovine for food?

Humans have been know to outsource those functions for which specifically they're not trained.

I quit authoring my OWN resume many years ago when finally it dawned upon me that I couldn't be objective enough with authoring a document so personal, and for which so much was riding on. A former VP of mine once told me "You don't get a second chance at making a great first impression". That sealed it for me.

Tonight finds me at the Hollywood Bowl to see Dolly Parton. I had thought about staying home, throwing on a CD, and singing to her material... but I'm not good enough. I sprung on tickets and figured I'd let her do the singing. She is much better at it than I am.

And yes, I really am going to go see Dolly. She Rocks.

Complaint Investigator
AG
Jim revamped my resume for me and translated my military job(s) into a civilian resume. It was not $400. I've had multiple interview offers since. Most are happening next week, with a few I managed to squeeze in last week. It was worth it in my opinion. If you think you have a better shot doing it yourself - have at it. I didn't think I did. I'm not an expert in what hiring managers want to see.

That and professional headshots for LinkedIn etc. will really make you stand out over competition who has not done as much. I did both.
Astroag
AG
20ag07 said:

Is there a button for not post of the day?

If ya ain't cheatin, you ain't tryin!!!
Complaint Investigator
AG
Astroag said:

20ag07 said:

Is there a button for not post of the day?
I'd venture to guess a lot of top doctors, researchers, and scientists couldn't write a resume to save their lives.
Pacifico
AG
After 4 or 5 months of nothing I now expect to have two offers in the next few weeks. James rewrote my resume about a month ago. Just adding my personal experience.
HBCanine08
AG
What field are you in?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.