Sat Prep Class

1,983 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by double b
Patience32
How long do you want to ignore this user?
My daughter is currently a junior in high school. She recently took the SAT and made it 1150. She plans to take it again this summer & would like to take a prep class to increase her score. Ideally, this would be an in person class as she does better in that setting.
Does anyone on this board have experience with SAT prep classes? If so, is there one that you recommend or had experience with that help you (or your child) increase your score?

TIA
double b
AG
Patience32 said:

My daughter is currently a junior in high school. She recently took the SAT and made it 1150. She plans to take it again this summer & would like to take a prep class to increase her score. Ideally, this would be an in person class as she does better in that setting.
Does anyone on this board have experience with SAT prep classes? If so, is there one that you recommend or had experience with that help you (or your child) increase your score?

TIA

Check my profile. I can help or at least point you in the right direction of what you may need. We have a solid track record and a 5-star Google rating.
Mookie
AG
Would you mind shooting me an email double b? In my profile
KatyAggie01
Same. Have a junior at Katy High School. Took the SAT on Dec. 3 and made a 1250. We're trying to figure out a gameplan before the next test (or two).
double b
AG
What's your target score and what's the breakdown of her scores?

Did your student pursue any prep beforehand?
KatyAggie01
double b said:

No prep beforehand. He was almost even for the math and verbal. Believe he scored a 630 on one and a 620 on the other. He's set to take the ACT soon (just to see how he does on the other test) and then the SAT again in March and May, if needed.

Target score would be around 1350; believe this is within reach. His GPA is a 4.3 and class rankings should come out soon. Expect him to be anywhere between 10%-15%. Assuming he's not top 10% then his SAT will be critical as he'd like to go to A&M like his mom and dad.
double b
AG
Reggiesankles said:

double b said:

No prep beforehand. He was almost even for the math and verbal. Believe he scored a 630 on one and a 620 on the other. He's set to take the ACT soon (just to see how he does on the other test) and then the SAT again in March and May, if needed.

Target score would be around 1350; believe this is within reach. His GPA is a 4.3 and class rankings should come out soon. Expect him to be anywhere between 10%-15%. Assuming he's not top 10% then his SAT will be critical as he'd like to go to A&M like his mom and dad.
A 1350 SAT score is a very reasonable goal, and any test prep professional should be able to achieve 100-point gains with a dedicated student. Trust me, there is a difference between those who dabble in test prep and folks like me who eat, live, and breathe it.

As for the ACT, you can take it, but I always recommend that my clients pick a lane and stick to it. There are plenty of free ACT exams online, the Dec 2022 test dropped earlier this week, which your student can take at home for free. So once you decide which test, take that one AT LEAST TWICE once you've had proper test prep.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.