New Student Conference Travel

2,250 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by DannyDuberstein
Quique
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone out there familiar with schedule? Day two days course registration starts and 2:30pm. Last flight out of College Station that day is 6:30pm. Should my son and I stay until following day or will it be ok to depart that day?

Thanks for any advise.
C1NRB
AG
Depends on his major.
Mega popular majors like business and engineering can have a bit of a wait. Others like parks and rec, not so much.
Then there's the "homework factor." If he goes in knowing what he wants to take and when he can get signed off pretty quickly. If he walks in with a blank slate, settle in.
AggieAdvisor16
AG
In my experience with Engineering NSC registration, 98% of students are done by 4pm. I don't recall any student ever taking past 5pm.
Troy91
AG
Oldest is class of 23 and youngest is class of 25.

Business major was done by 3:30. Poli Sci major was done by 3.

The key is to have a pretty good idea of what courses and electives that they want to take the first semester. It is usually a popular elective that gets full that creates the last minute scrambling.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Should be plenty of time, but as mentioned, whether you are under the gun on timing or not, the key to this process is the student doing their homework on what to take and some backup options. That includes getting online the night before to see what is open, how many spots are left, and pre-staging it online. They can essentially put each class in their "shopping cart" beforehand, then when it's their time, they basically check out and get a Green/Red for each one if there were still spots open for each class. My daughter is a fish that did NSC last June. She was in there maybe 10 minutes. Long enough to lock it in what she'd already prepped (all still had spots), have the advisor check it, and done. Being able to see how much availability ahead of time also gives them an idea as to which ones may be cutting it close and need a backup vs which ones they shouldn't have to worry about
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.