Gateway Program

2,582 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Mookie
oldag941
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have a good friend, whose son was accepted through the Gateway Program. Any experience with it? What are the down sides to it, if any? They are Army and up in the Pacific Northwest, so not too familiar with A&M and the myriad of entry programs it has (other than what they read on the website).
Mookie
AG
My son is in it now. He really likes it, his schedule is laid out great, he had a easier time with calc and chem. His full admit aggie counterparts had hundreds of people in their chem class, he had 25.

Lives on campus, does all things A&M. My Blinn bill 1st semester with the unexpected biden bucks was $700 for 7 or 8 hours. I can't say enough good things about it. It took him a month to come to grips that he wasn't "fully" or traditionally accepted at A&M but at the end of this semester he'll be fully in at A&M with a 3,8 GPA.

My email is in my profile, I'm happy to connect with them and answer any specific questions.
AgED
AG
My daughter was accepted yesterday via the Gateway program. She was wondering if they get to pick the classes they take in the summer or if it is assigned. Also, are the classes with just Gateway students or general students? Thanks. We are so thrilled with this option, but lots to learn.
double b
AG
Gateway is a phenomenal optional. It allows the student to transition into Texas A&M during the summer months in an environment that is less chaotic. Lots of success with that program and about 90% of the students matriculate fully into the Fall semester.
Leander - Ag
AG
Mookie said:

My son is in it now. He really likes it, his schedule is laid out great, he had a easier time with calc and chem. His full admit aggie counterparts had hundreds of people in their chem class, he had 25.

Lives on campus, does all things A&M. My Blinn bill 1st semester with the unexpected biden bucks was $700 for 7 or 8 hours. I can't say enough good things about it. It took him a month to come to grips that he wasn't "fully" or traditionally accepted at A&M but at the end of this semester he'll be fully in at A&M with a 3,8 GPA.

My email is in my profile, I'm happy to connect with them and answer any specific questions.

I thought gateway was summer school only? It's an option during the year as well?
Mookie
AG
Sorry, I jumped the gun. My son does TEAB, not gateway.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.