Does A&M compete in collegiate competitions?

2,063 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by agnerd
Dark_Knight
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I've lately seen different events, like Fort Worth Stock show and NAPE Expo, where schools like Tech and TCU have won out at these events. I haven't seen anywhere if A&M sent a team or even where to look for that info.

Does anyone have any information?
Because I'm Batman!

bmks270
AG
Like this one?

TAMU car at 1:45,
Accepting an award at 4:05

trav01
AG
We also have a Clay Target team that competes under the ACUI organization, and TAMU Trap and Skeet is the reigning national champion!
agnerd
AG
Civil engineering has Steel Bridge, Concrete Canoe, GeoWall, and water turbine competitions, where you compete against other schools. You can also enter research papers in virtually any field. Most of the engineering majors have multiple ways to compete.

As far as academic and trivia-type competitions, those are usually staffed by schools with larger and more significant liberal arts programs. The competitions A&M participates in are often more focused at the lucrative game of identifying potential employees for companies. General trivia competitions don't generate as many sponsorship dollars, so A&M doesn't seem to pursue them as much.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.