Team Blinn - Wait List - Both

8,114 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by double b
maroonblood
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My daughter received a notice that she has not been admitted to A&M, but has the option to ask to be considered for a Wait List position, a Team Blinn position, or she can ask to be considered for "Both." After speaking with the advisor, we chose Both on his recommendation.

On the Team Blinn option, does anyone have experience with this? How long will it take to find out if she's offered this program? Do they send these types of notices, and then deliver disappointing news that you don't even qualify for Team Blinn?

We're disappointed with this news because her class standing was very high (top 12%) in a very large and competitive high school and she had a very high ACT score.

Any information would be appreciated. Thanks.
hds
AG
My son is in the same situation! We are disappointed but at least it is not a rejection with a little bit of hope still. I think we are going to pick both.
@coopercuffe
If you don't mind me asking, what major did she apply for?
GSMartin
She'll make Blinn team it's a really easy program to get into. If you're top 12% with good ACT scores it's basically almost a guarantee you'll get in.
TAMUAdmissions
AG
TEAM students benefit from enrollment at both institutions, enjoying the university experience afforded by Texas A&M (such as residence hall life, sports events, and a huge range of student activities) while also enjoying the smaller classroom environments and costs of Blinn. The only real difference is that your child can't participate in NCAA sports.
maroonblood
AG
Thanks for all of the replies. I appreciate it.

Her selected major was English.
5 Star Bag man
AG
I was a Blinn Team student my first two years. I was initially extremely upset that I did not get full-time acceptance into A&M, but I honestly think it was a huge blessing in disguise for me. Ended up transferring to Mays and graduating with a degree in Finance and I owe a large part of that to the Blinn Team program.

Some of the things have changed since I have graduated college, but feel free to PM me if you have any questions. Best of luck to your daughter!
wxmanX
aggiepaintrain
AG
and Blinn Team is a lot cheaper
wxmanX
Sounds like a record number of applications this year.

Hoping my son gets into Blinn Team...
AnneH93
Hello TAMUAdmissions If a student picks "Blinn Team and Waitlist" is it possible that Team spots could be filled by those just picking Team? In other words, does picking just Team give one a better chance at getting Team than picking "waitlist and Team"? Thank-you
maroonblood
AG
Before we selected both, I called an admissions counselor to ask that precise question. There is no downside to choosing both. It does not affect your chances up or down with regard to Team.
Scotty88
AG
My son was offered Blinn Team.

He went into the Corps, graduated and now is a first year med student at TAMU. He was a forensics major.

Blinn Team didn't slow him down, although he was initially super POed about the offer.

If anything he had a chip on his shoulder that made him work harder.
46CHEVYTRUCK
My niece just got an email for acceptance into Blinn Team but has not gotten an email saying she hasn't been accepted to ATM, but would you assume that ATM main campus would not happen?
Prexys Moon
AG
My son was in the last year of academic admit, but he was borderline for that, so we did research into Blinn Team before we knew for sure if he would get full admit or not. Seems like a great deal. My son is in the corps and knows several guys who are blinn team and it works out fine. You are a student at A&M and can do everything that entails, you just take some of your basics at blinn.

I think the guys he knows who did it, they try to get your classes at TAMU on one day and your blinn classes on the other. doesnt always work but they try.
wxmanX
Well, my kid starts UT Austin tomorrow.

A&M wouldn't take him. Great kid, smart, generous.

Best of luck to all kids out there who start this year, wherever they may be.

Another Doug
AG
wxmanX said:

Well, my kid starts UT Austin tomorrow.

A&M wouldn't take him. Great kid, smart, generous.

Best of luck to all kids out there who start this year, wherever they may be.

Congrats, the sips have a great school. UT is next to impossible to get into unless you are in the top 6%, so quite an accomplisment that he got in, and crazy that A&M didn't follow suit.

I hope he has 4 years of fun and a lifetime of terrible football.
wxmanX
They pulled a lot from his high school this year.
Ridge14
GSMartin said:

She'll make Blinn team it's a really easy program to get into. If you're top 12% with good ACT scores it's basically almost a guarantee you'll get in.

What exactly is the good ACT score?
double b
AG
Ridge14 said:

GSMartin said:

What exactly is the good ACT score?

Do a Google search for ACT middle 50 score for Texas A&M. Then you'll find the most recent information and will want to be in the top quarter.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.