Engineering Acceptance

3,010 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by czechy91
ag97tx
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My son has applied to the College of Engineering and I was under the impression that he wouldn't hear back until December.

Today we checked his AIS because he is an auto admit but had been under review for engineering and today it said congratulations that he is accepted to the College of Engineering and can register for his New Student Conference.

Anyone else see this yet for their kid? I am in disbelief right now because I thought nothing is said until December.
Quique
AG
That is awesome! Congratulations!
NDTA96
Same. My daughter was accepted into the university on Sept. 23 (auto admit), was in "Engineering Review" for about a month, and on Oct. 21 received her acceptance into the College of Engineering.
ag97tx
AG
Congratulations to your daughter!! I was so surprised that the status was already updated because I really thought we wouldn't hear until later.
NDTA96
Congrats to your son! We actually were anticipating a late October notice based on previous years' posts in the College Confidential forum. Lots of activity there.
gigemags87
AG
I think they do rolling acceptances and the earlier/more straight forward apps get processed quickly.
czechy91
AG
My advice is to stay on top of things and makes sure to complete all the necessary tasks in advance of the NSC. Life was pretty crazy after my sons graduation last year and we somewhat unplugged for a short while. He had an early NSC and once we started preparing we realized that he had missed all of the scheduled math placement exams.

Because of the missed test he couldn't sign up for classes at NSC and had to take one of the later make-up exams. Also somehow because of this SNAFU he didn't have the access to the online practice exams and ended missing the required score by 1 question. That was a BAD day.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.