Best PSAT prep courses?

2,512 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Bird Poo
Buck Turgidson
How long do you want to ignore this user?
What is the best PSAT prep course available? Is there any difference at all between that and the regular SAT prep courses?
double b
AG
PSAT prep and SAT prep are mostly identical.

Are you looking for an online class or private instruction?
SwissAgg
AG
My niece did Khan Academy which if free, I believe.

She made a 1500 and got into t.u.
Buck Turgidson
double b said:

PSAT prep and SAT prep are mostly identical.

Are you looking for an online class or private instruction?

I'm open to whatever yields the best results.
double b
AG
I'm the top Math SAT coach in the BCS area. Feel free to contact me for a free consultation. I'm happy to give you some guidance on how you should approach your child's test prep, regardless if you use me or not. Info in my profile.
SwissAgg
AG
Buck Turgidson said:

What is the best PSAT prep course available? Is there any difference at all between that and the regular SAT prep courses?
My sister's son uses Prep Scholar which is an SAT preparation software, but he is using it to prepare for the PSAT. He will take the PSAT in October.
HECUBUS
AG
Lowest SAT score of my son's friends on the HS baseball team was a 1200. No problem, parents hired a tutor, had his essays written by a professional, and he got into ATM and Purdue engineering with a 1400 SAT. He went Cal Poly. All the others had a 1510 - 1580 on their first take during October junior year, little or no prep. 1580 got into MIT as a 6' 4" LHP. Other than 1200->1400, they were all top 10%, max AP all, or almost all 5's types. That alone puts you in the 1550 zone. Not sure if prep can help those types. The 1500's all find college easier than high school. Only 1510 stayed in state at tu after failing to get into Michigan.
NDTA96
Are you still looking or was the PSAT this month? I highly recommend SAT Prep Black Book + Official SAT Study Guide (real tests from previous years).
Bird Poo
AG
Khan academy. Have them work on it for 20 minutes per night for a couple of months leading up to the test.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.