SRAR ?

4,118 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by catfan
ag94whoop
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
When did A&M start requiring submission of the SRAR (Self-reported Academic Record)?
My son is a junior at A&M and it wasnt required when he applied. You simply sent transcript and reported your class rank and that was it.

Now you have this whole SRAR thing to complete and it says that if formatted incorrectly or if there are any discrepancies at all, it can red flag admission or even block it. The format is different than our high schools transcript and while there are videos and FAQs, they dont cover a variety of simple things. My daughter, who is a senior in HS, completed hers but is afraid to submit for fear something is formatted wrong and her admission could get blocked even though she is top 6% of her class.

Anyone have any advise or any resources to ask questions?
TAMUAdmissions
AG
It has been since your son applied that SRAR has been required so only a couple of years. Your daughter can submit and then link her SRAR to her Applicant Information System (AIS). Periodically after that, she can check for the green checkmark on AIS. She can email Admissions at admissions@tamu.edu or call 979-845-1060 with her specific questions. If she has information to update after she submits and links her SRAR, she can go to the Contact Us tab at top of her AIS page and communicate directly with the analysts who review her SRAR.

More Information on SRAR is at https://admissions.tamu.edu/freshman/apply under Required Documents.
There is an extensive Q&A at https://admissions.tamu.edu/SRAR with the most asked questions. For example, at the FAQs link it says: If you have questions about the SRAR website or trouble using the website, contact SRAR Technical Support. Many video tutorials are at the same link.

cc_ag92
AG
Can you explain the purpose of the SRAR? Why is it required in addition to the official transcript?
TAMUAdmissions
AG
The SRAR replaces the high school transcripts used by the Office of Admissions during the initial admission process in most cases. So it is not required in addition to the transcript. With close to 55,000 freshmen applications alone, and with high schools using such a wide variety of formats for transcripts, Admissions needs the information in the same format to speed up processing time.

cc_ag92
AG
Can a student claim Top 10% on the SRAR and be an auto admit? How is this cross-checked?
I'm trying to understand the system so that I can communicate this to our district's high school counselors. They haven't explained this to applicants and I think it's because they don't fully understand it.
It looks like only A&M, Tech, and UTSA require this in Texas so they likely don't have much experience with it.
Thanks for your help!
TAMUAdmissions
AG
If an applicant claims top 10 on SRAR, we require an official transcript by the deadline to verify the information. You can encourage the counselors to review our website for details.
cc_ag92
AG
Thanks. I will communicate this to our counselors and spread the word to local families. One of our local students missed the engineering early deadline because neither he nor the counselors understood the SRAR. I'm not sure how that happened, but I'll definitely follow up. He applied to Texas a month after he applied to A&M and was accepted the next day, then mentioned it to me because he wasn't sure why he hadn't been admitted to A&M yet. I appreciate your help.
TAMUAdmissions
AG
Thanks for spreading the word. We list the details about SRAR on our website including a lengthy FAQs section. We also list the required documents on the applicant's AIS that has specific links with more details about SRAR. They should call or email Admissions if there is something they don't understand.
catfan
For the SRAR, a 90 is way more valuable than an 89. I guess the expectation is that low As and high Bs balance each other out.

FSU and UF also required SRAR but Purdue and IU didn't. Privates don't either.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.