Any tips on applying to A&M?

5,216 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Psycho Bunny
@coopercuffe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I Will be applying to A&M very soon & was wondering if anybody here has any tips/recommendations on applying? The main thing I've heard is just get your stuff in as early as possible but not much more. Been posting on here since 7th grade so really hoping to get in haha. Thanks!
TAMUAdmissions
AG
It is a good idea to review the Admissions website first before applying (https://admissions.tamu.edu/freshman/apply) to understand the details you will need to follow. You will also want to review the FAQs for SRAR. Be sure to understand all the required documents and how you need to get them to A&M. Also be sure all required documents arrive by the deadline. There are always some who do not do that and miss out on the opportunity later to be considered for the semester they want to attend.
Aggie95
AG
be top 10% of your class
double b
AG
@coopercuffe said:

I Will be applying to A&M very soon & was wondering if anybody here has any tips/recommendations on applying? The main thing I've heard is just get your stuff in as early as possible but not much more. Been posting on here since 7th grade so really hoping to get in haha. Thanks!

Hit me up. I'm a college admissions consultant. With all the free info you provide on premium, I'm happy to chat with you. My info is in my profile.
12th Man Ag
AG
What are the thoughts on this scenario?

Daughter is applying. She is in the Top 10%. Thinks she wants to study Biology, Physics, or Oceanography, but isn't 100%. Also has an interest in Accounting or Supply Chain.

So, does she list Mays 1st on her application to guarantee a spot in Mays and can transfer to Science or Geoscience later if she decides not to study Business? I know it is nearly impossible to transfer into Mays, but how hard is it to transfer from Mays to Science or Geoscience?

Thanks in advance.
double b
AG
Apply to Mays first. You can always change to the other, but you can't change to Mays.
WhoHe
AG
Three questions: (1) What major(s) are you considering applying for? (2) Is A&M test optional again this year like they were last year, or was that a one-time Covid arrangement? (3) Assuming you're not top 10% otherwise you wouldn't be asking for pointers, but are you top quarter (or does your school not rank outside top 10%)?
TAMUAdmissions
AG
It can be very difficult to later transfer into Mays. They explain the details at https://mays.tamu.edu/undergraduate-enrollment-plan/.

The ACT/SAT is still optional.
GoodAg21
@coopercuffe said:

If you don't get it you can do what I did. Go to a&m galveston for a semester then switch to college station. Apply to TAMUG too to keep that option open. It is kind of like the back door. You still sports pass etc it is still A&M. Was a lot of fun too honestly. Smaller and a good transition stepping stone to a massive campus
AgED
AG
What do you list as you major at TAMU-G if there is nothing remotely like what you are interested in?
GoodAg21
pretty sure I was maritime law then i switched to political science. Had no intention of sticking with it I knew i wanted to do political science and transfer to main. Good thing about what i did is you just switch majors; I never had to reapply or any of that BS.
skaggsjw
AG
double b, sent you a DM...looking for some guidance
big ben
AG
Check Yes for the Corp
Quique
Psycho Bunny
My wife's nephew didn't get into Texas A&M because he was an "average" student. So he went to Texas A&M Kingsville and after 2 years he transferred to Texas A&M. He's got his ring and diploma from Texas A&M. It took him going a round about way, but he's an Aggie. Don't be discourage if you happen to get rejected, there are lots of options out there. Best of luck.
Americans new motto
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.