New Student Conference just moved to virtual

3,063 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by GiveMeTheInfo
A1_Ag_95
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just received email that daughter's NSC is going virtual. Did A&M not plan on having masks, social distancing and other safety measures in place when this was originally all put in place?
Maroon Elephant
AG
When is the student conference scheduled to take place?
A1_Ag_95
AG
Ours is set for June and is one of the earlier sessions.
A1_Ag_95
AG
From the email:

Quote:

Students and one guest will have the opportunity to attend one of several optional campus visit days starting in July. Health officials indicate that by July, as vaccination rates increase, it will be more likely for Texas A&M to host large, in-person events. There is no additional cost for this optional event and one family member/guest may attend with the student. On campus visit days, we anticipate programming from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., and participants may choose which programs to attend. We will announce specific dates, a schedule and registration details in early June.
Maybe just these early sessions are virtual?
Prexys Moon
AG
I am so sickened by how TAMU has completely overreacted on this covid crap. You're telling me you can have in person school all year but not NSC? Asinine and lazy.
Maroon Elephant
AG
Nothing should be virtual or limited attendance after June 1. And that's at the latest.
Comeby!
AG
At this rate, Will they require vaccines for the fall?
aggal98
AG
Comeby! said:

At this rate, Will they require vaccines for the fall?
They legally cannot require the vaccine yet. It is not approved by the FDA. Emergency authorization is not the same as approval. Since the university receives state funding (rather than a private school), they cannot require this particular vaccine yet.
Big Al 1992
AG
Back to in person! More info to come April 12.
GiveMeTheInfo
Did the conference take place? Did everything go well? I am currently in graduate school and am looking for conferences to attend. I need this for approbation of my scientific work. In addition, oddly enough, I have to do a lot of homework, but https://assignmentbro.com/us/write-my-assignment helps me with this, which in short lines help to cope with very difficult tasks at times.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.