6 tabs on Howdy - rumor or true

16,028 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by bennetmathew193
ildad2
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I have been hearing that if you see 6 tabs on Howdy portal you are admitted. Is this true ? We are Out of state engineering applicant, we saw 6 tabs on Howdy yesterday, but AIS is still under review.

AIS did change from my intended major (Comp SC) to General Engineering as well. But still says under review.

Is the rumor true ?
ReveilleBark
AG
ildad2 said:

I have been hearing that if you see 6 tabs on Howdy portal you are admitted. Is this true ? We are Out of state engineering applicant, we saw 6 tabs on Howdy yesterday, but AIS is still under review.

AIS did change from my intended major (Comp SC) to General Engineering as well. But still says under review.

Is the rumor true ?
Rumor is true, or it was for me at least. All engineering students go into general and then the subsequent ETAM process. Congratulations on admittance! OOS is no joke.
Maveric
AG
It was true from my son.
Momster
It's true. Takes a few days for AIS to update, but if you wake up to 6 tabs on Howdy then you have been admitted to A&M .
Comeby!
AG
We check every morning, looking for those 6 tabs. No dice yet. Engineering. Not looking good for the home team.
aggal98
AG
We have 6 tabs but were not accepted. Asked if we wanted to be placed on the waitlist or considered for Team Blinn. Maybe 6 tabs just means a decision has been made one way or the other.
Charpie
AG
No 6 tabs here either.
ReveilleBark
AG
aggal98 said:

We have 6 tabs but were not accepted. Asked if we wanted to be placed on the waitlist or considered for Team Blinn. Maybe 6 tabs just means a decision has been made one way or the other.
Usually, people see TEAM as form of acceptance offer! Not a bad deal.
aggal98
AG
We haven't been accepted to TEAM Blinn. We were asked if we want to be considered for TEAM Blinn. But still have 6 tabs.
Momster
6 tabs is in admission of some kind, typically. My oldest was received PSA back in 2019, never had 6 tabs. My senior son received 6 tabs in December, 2 days later AIS changed with an offer and 1 week later he had the banner. Is it possible that AIS just hasn't changed to show TEAM or admit offer yet? Keep checking on it. You would be the first after my 3 years of diligently following the admissions process to have 6 tabs and no admission offer of some kind (and I don't mean the option of choosing waitlist, team, or both)
Momster
What are the 6 tabs in howdy that you have showing? Just want to make sure you're in the right place. Yours is a first that I've seen. Many others have received the option this week of choosing team or waitlist or both, but none have reported 6 tabs other than you, so that would be different for sure.
aggal98
AG
The 6 tabs we see are:
*My App Status (which that page now says "You have been placed on the waitlist and are being considered for TEAM)
*My Bio Info
*My Test Scores
*My Documents
*My Communication
*Contact Us
Momster
Gotcha. Those are the 6 tabs when you log in to AIS, which unfortunately would not be the 6 tabs referenced for early signs of admission. You need to log in to the Howdy portal, which is the same user name and password for AIS. Across the top are tabs. Everyone has Home, Applicant, and My Howdy. When a student has been admitted there will be 3 additional tabs that come up which are My Record, My Finances and Student Life. These are the the tabs everyone speaks about that appear before AIS shows admission. There were some Blinn Team offers recently that actually had a change of major in AIS to TEAM prior to the 6 tabs in Howdy, but they were eventually offered TEAM admission and the 6 tabs showed up. It's a strange year for admissions. Hang in there and don't be discouraged. I have been through this twice and am waiting again for my oldest son who applied for transfer admission this Summer. Best of luck!
aggal98
AG
Ahh gotcha. Thanks for the info. We will check in the other portal. I've left most of this to my daughter to handle on her own, creating some independence. It is stressful, but nothing we can't handle for a little longer.
antoniomcelfresh
Ok so just to make sure, the 6 tabs on Howdy for sure means I got in? I selected Engineering at Blinn and my major changed on AIS and I have the 6 tabs, but my AIS has still not updated.
Momster
If the 6 tabs are the ones I mentioned in my previous post, and your major changes to TEAB, then that is the engineering academy at Blinn. Congratulations! You are in! AIS will take a few days to update.
bennetmathew193
My son got accepted to Mays and had 7 tabs in his Howdy portal, so I can confirm that this is true. His friend had 3 tabs and did not get her decision yet.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.