Engineering Admissions Questions

1,538 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by TAMUAdmissions
WhoHe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I thought I'd come here to see if I could get some feedback from the board on a few admissions questions ...

For reference, these questions are concerning a high school senior, applying for engineering next fall, who is not in the top 10%, and applied after the 10/15 early-action engineering deadline.

As I understand it, applicants to engineering must first be admitted to the university, and then they go through engineering review to determine if they get into general engineering. From there, I can't seem to get consistent answers and information ...

• Because applicants must first be admitted to the university before they are considered for engineering, will they be notified of their acceptance to the university at the time that decision is made, or does TAMU wait to inform them of both decisions at the same time?
  • If TAMU waits to tell them both decisions at once and they are denied engineering admission, does that mean they are offered their second-choice major automatically (if it has space)? Since they had to be admitted to the university to be considered for engineering, this would seem to make sense - even if they are denied engineering admission they are already in the university, right?
  • Then there's Blinn Team. As I understand it, this is considered full admission to the university. But is Blinn Team admission the same process as engineering - does the applicant have to be admitted to the university before they can be offered Blinn Team engineering? Or is Blinn Team only offered to students after they were denied initial admission to the university?
  • Also, if Blinn Team does require university acceptance first, does the student have the option to choose their second-choice major vs. Blinn Team engineering?

Just looking for some feedback from others who may have first-hand experience, or who have asked the same questions and have info to pass along.

Appreciate the help!
histag10
AG
Blinn TEAM does not have engineering. If they are offered TEAM, they were not accepted to engineering. TEAB is an engineering academy at Blinn and would be full admissions to TAMU like TEAM is though.

There is an engineering academic advisor who posts over here. Hopefully he can give you more specific info and answer your question
TAMUAdmissions
AG
As mentioned, Blinn TEAM is a different type of offer. Details on Blinn TEAM can be seen at https://tap.tamu.edu/Programs/TEAM

You can review https://admissions.tamu.edu/freshman/admitted - specifically under Alternative Admission Decisions and Other Pathways. That has a lot of detail regarding Engineering options.

The timeline can vary regarding when you hear what type of decision since there are a variety of options. As a result...

It would be a good idea to call an admissions counselor at 979-458-0950. The give and take of a phone call would really help putting all the information in perspective.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.