Death while giving birth

3,883 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by yell_on_6th st
Patriot4301
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Do some deaths while giving birth still happen because a C-Section was not given.

What about deaths while giving birth during a C-Section. Do they ever occur?

Also:

Is there any possibility that the genes of say a gigantic NFL linemen type and the genes of a tiny petite woman malfunction and make a baby too big for birth?

I thought about that one as a kid.
RDH80
AG
are you asking about the mother or the child?
histag10
AG
These are random questions for the academics board.

Yes, death during births still happen (many reasons, but usually bleeding, placenta issues, or tear in uterus). If talking about the baby- fetal stress and trauma are usually the culprits.

Yes, death during csections still happen (excessive bleeding is typically the culprit). Babies can die for a myriad of reason before, during, or immediately after birth.

A petite woman's ability to birth a large child is based on a lot of things (hips being a big one). Many times, if they suspect a large baby, they will induce early or plan a csection. The baby isnt too big for birth, the woman is too small.
dcbowers
AG
This is a random question for the Academic Board.

Still, I'll try to give you an "academic answer":

Both maternal and fetal deaths are very rare. In 2018: the maternal mortality rate was 17.4 deaths per 100,000 live births. The perinatal mortality rate was 6.0 perinatal deaths per 1,000 births and late fetal deaths in 2016. The causes are variable, but generally are related to the fact that birth is a very vulnerable time for both the mother and the child.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Patriot4301 said:

Do some deaths while giving birth still happen because a C-Section was not given.

What about deaths while giving birth during a C-Section. Do they ever occur?

Also:

Is there any possibility that the genes of say a gigantic NFL linemen type and the genes of a tiny petite woman malfunction and make a baby too big for birth?

I thought about that one as a kid.

Did a football player get you pregnant?
WestGalvestonAggie
Will it mess up my odometer if I put a 2 inch lift and oversized tires on my Jeep? Also, why does it smell funny right before it rains. Dogs are better than cats, but cats really aren't bad.
yell_on_6th st
AG
Please post this question in the zoo.
Please! Please! Please! Instant classic and I want to be page juan.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.