Chemistry 101 advice

6,473 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by wxmanX
coupland boy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
101.....or whatever it's called now. My son is taking it and the quality of instruction sounds just about as worthless as when I took it 30 years ago but exacerbated by being on line.

Any recommendations as to where he can obtain practice problems?
histag10
AG
his lab/ta should have examples and practice type worksheets, as well as study sessions (even online)
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Is his teacher uh how can I say this... is his teacher from here ? I ask because my kids Mays classes are being given online by people that aren't from here and the accents and online bs makes it near impossible to understand what they are saying. Unbelievable I'm paying full price for this crap.
coupland boy
AG
Yes that's a problem. Main lecture and TA
Cromagnum
AG
AgOutsideAustin said:

Is his teacher uh how can I say this... is his teacher from here ? I ask because my kids Mays classes are being given online by people that aren't from here and the accents and online bs makes it near impossible to understand what they are saying. Unbelievable I'm paying full price for this crap.

This. 99% of our meetings (and new graduate interviews now) are online. If I can't understand a single word coming out of your mouth, I leave the meeting and go work on something else. Foreign accents are horrible online with these crappy telecom services.
HECUBUS
AG
I see this is four months old, but doesn't ATM have supplemental instruction groups? I wonder how well that works remote.
Heisenberg01
AG
Is Mr. Bill still around?
Seven Costanza
AG
I feel like you could learn everything you need to know about General Chemistry 101 from YouTube (Khan Academy, etc.)
Bonfire97
AG
Quote:

Oh, I would have never made it through 101/102 without Mr. Bill (circa '94). That dude was the freakin bomb! I don't think he is, but isn't A+ tutoring still around?
Bonfire97
AG
Quote:

aaaaaaaaand your done! (Sorry, just had to throw that in there....)
oldschool87
AG
Sit next to someone with the same colored test…
wxmanX
Yea, use MR BILL.

I got an A in Chem 101.

Loved that class.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.