University advancement fee?

4,379 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by redd38
mccjames
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone know if this is based on hours or flat semester fee? I can't find a description other than it is to cover miscellaneous fees.

I am thinking that $1545.00 is a ton of miscellaneous!
Easy come, Easy go
redd38
AG
Pretty sure it's a flat fee (or maybe prorated if under 12 hours). It covers things like buses and software and student services that you think you get for "free"
histag10
AG
From the website

Quote:

The University Advancement Fee is a required fee charged to all Texas A&M University students each semester. The Advancement fee funds services such as advising, the Career Center, Writing Center, technology and libraries as well as administrative services such as ID services, the campus bus system, billing and refunds, access for students to discounted software and many of the services provided through the Division of Student Affairs.
mccjames
AG
So I read that but it does not say if it is based on hours, last semester daughter was team so had less on-campus hours but the fee was only $475, this year full time on campus and the fee is $1545 so I am guessing it is based on registered hours but can't find it anywhere on their FAQ's section.
Easy come, Easy go
redd38
AG
It has been the same amount every semester I've been full time, so 12 hours or 18 hours doesn't matter. But probably prorates for under 12 hours, I would guess.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.