Grad school question

1,828 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by TDub
TDub
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Howdy for the last couple of weeks I've been really thinking about going back to school and getting a master's degree in sports management. I've been out of school for a year now and have been working every since. My undergrad GPA wasn't great while I was in school (think Rick Perry level) and I'm wondering if that would kill any shot I'd have getting into program. I'm just looking for any advice or tips on how I should go about this. Thanks in advance!
TAMUAdmissions
AG
I suggest calling Sports Management directly and asking them specifically what they would look for. They would make the decision whether you are admitted or not.
2PacShakur
AG
etxag18 said:

Howdy for the last couple of weeks I've been really thinking about going back to school and getting a master's degree in sports management. I've been out of school for a year now and have been working every since. My undergrad GPA wasn't great while I was in school (think Rick Perry level) and I'm wondering if that would kill any shot I'd have getting into program. I'm just looking for any advice or tips on how I should go about this. Thanks in advance!

If it helps, I had Rick Perry like grades for grad school (though did better in subject matter courses). In fact, I remember helping to recruit for the grad program and they had materials summarizing students backgrounds including their grades. One recruit exclaimed wow he didn't know our program would take such low grades and the main recruiter replied to the person they take an holistic approach to their applicant and that the person on the low range was actually a productive grad student. I later looked at the materials and noticed it was my grade she was talking about. But yea, don't take yourself out is what I want to express.
TDub
AG
Thank you!! During undergrad I want really sure what I wanted to do and I was lost. I've figured out that'd I'd love to get into the administration side of athletics and a master's in sport management would be a great start
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.