Admission essay 4 engineering school

6,736 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by JamesPShelley
User1919
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Howdy! I'm at the end of my second year of blinn team and I will be applying into Industrial Distribution (idk if it's considered engineering yet??) but anyways I looked at the three essays that are are asked of the student to write about and I noticed that one of them asks for the student to write about anything important going on in your life that the student thinks the admission team should know about. I'm asking through here because I want to hear as many opinions possible because I'm not sure what to do. One of my parents was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer and is going through chemo and the entire time covid has been happening so it wasn't possible to stay in college and try and avoid the situation. I stayed home and helped out, which I'm perfectly fine with although it may had some impact on my focus for school. Should I mention that in the essay or is this a situation that the admission team wouldn't really care about hearing?? Open to all advice
TAMUAdmissions
AG
You should definitely include it.
histag10
AG
Include it. Set yourself apart, let them get to know you. That's what they want.
Texker
AG
The best advice received re: essays was to make it compelling and relevant. You have plenty of material to do just that. Best wishes to you and your family!
raysh
Writing admission essays is the most challenging part of the admission process. Here are some useful essay tips and guidelines to help you successfully negotiate the writing process:
1. Prepare your strategy
2. Convey clear messages

3. Make use of conjunctions
4. Be personal
5. Vary your vocabulary
6. Do your homework

7. Be unique

If you cannot cope on your own, ask your friends for help or use this https://writix.co.uk/buy-assignment-online . Good luck!

TexasAggie81
User1919 said:

Howdy! I'm at the end of my second year of blinn team and I will be applying into Industrial Distribution (idk if it's considered engineering yet??) but anyways I looked at the three essays that are are asked of the student to write about and I noticed that one of them asks for the student to write about anything important going on in your life that the student thinks the admission team should know about. I'm asking through here because I want to hear as many opinions possible because I'm not sure what to do. One of my parents was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer and is going through chemo and the entire time covid has been happening so it wasn't possible to stay in college and try and avoid the situation. I stayed home and helped out, which I'm perfectly fine with although it may had some impact on my focus for school. Should I mention that in the essay or is this a situation that the admission team wouldn't really care about hearing?? Open to all advice

Let me know if you another set of eyes on your essay. English minor, former Blinn professor, and current professor in Houston. I want people like you to be admitted. Let me know.
AnnieBurleigh
I am sure that you should include this information, you are a great fellow
Douph
Douph
Hi TxAggie81

Can you PM me? I have some offline questions on the essay editing. I would like to potentially take you up on the offer for another set of eyes to review. I have a child applying soon with circumstances and would like you opinion.

JamesPShelley
Douph said:

Hi TxAggie81

Can you PM me? I have some offline questions on the essay editing. I would like to potentially take you up on the offer for another set of eyes to review. I have a child applying soon with circumstances and would like you opinion.

You are welcome to connect with me as well. I've authored for and assisted clients with ~1,000 personal statements, statements of purpose, and admission essays. It would be my pleasure to give you guidance and direction. Complimentary, Free, Gratis. No charge.

jim at username dot com
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.