Prospective MEng student looking for past MEEN 363 exams

2,707 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by AnnieBurleigh
mg97
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm considering a MEng in MechE but actually don't come completely from a mechanical background (CS/math background). I'll have to test out or take MEEN 363, which I heard is a killer for students who have taken the test. Was wondering if some kind soul here could email or send me a repository of past exams/exam solutions (got myself a copy of the textbook). Thanks for all the help!
CivilAg10
AG
Just from typing meen 363 into Google, looks like coursehero has some old exams (2016). It may not be too bad depending on how strong your Cal-3 background is. Benefit of taking the class is that you may be graded on a decent curve. This was my most difficult undergrad class.
mg97
thanks for the help. My math background is pretty strong, though I'd probably prefer to test out just to save time on the degree. Thanks for the heads up...not a huge fan of sites like Chegg or Coursehero so if anyone would be willing to directly send me tests/keys/study materials I would be very grateful
one MEEN Ag
AG
As someone who got both their undergrad and masters in MEEN at A&M, my recommendation is to buckle up. From the get go, testing out of that class is going to be insane. They're going to give a you a final and expect you to ace it outright to pass compared to the course being graded on a slight curve. A+ tutoring is really good and there was at one time a tutor who would meet one on one that advertise on the bulletin boards in the MEEN department building. Getting a testing key isn't going to help as much as you think, the professors are on to the fact that students pass those around. The test questions are supposed to combine concepts that normally you don't see combined to see who can figure it out.

As a side note, I would choose your grad school courses carefully. Most MEEN 600 level courses were way harder than MEEN 363. Half of the reason MEEN 363 is hard is that you're drowning in other work. In grad school it's a little easier to focus on fewer classes.

Best of luck.
Mister Cooper
AG
I might have what you are looking for, send me an email: hartmannu30@gmail.com
mg97
Messaged you over email: thanks for the help!
AnnieBurleigh
This is a good idea. Why didn't I do this when I was a student? Now there is a huge database of various scientific papers and articles on a variety of topics. I'm sure it can be useful to you. I wish you good luck in your studies, you are very resourceful, which means that you will succeed.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.