Lone Star Calculus count for engineering or business degree?

2,061 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by 12th Man Ag
Big Al 1992
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Does anyone have a student who took dual credit Calculus though Lone Star and majored in Business at A&M? It looks like the Lone Star class transfers as Engineering Math at A&M. My daughter will be majoring in Business, so I don't want her to waste time taking a dual credit class that won't count toward her degree plan. HS Counselors not sure about A&M difference for business math vs engineering math.
TAMUAdmissions
AG
She can call an admissions counselor at 979-458-0950.
Vepp
https://compassxe-ssb.tamu.edu/HCA/ssb/transferCourseEquivalency/#/

Crazy Ag 97
AG
Engineering calculus is significantly more difficult. It's not a direct substitution in the computers but if you talk to her advisor they will do it manually. My niece did the same thing since her degree only required business calculus. To be fair, she wasn't taking a business degree though, so that may be something for you to consider. They are different calculus's.
12th Man Ag
AG
I will preface this post with the fact we are in Humble ISD and the DC Calculus class my daughter took gave her credit for MATH 151.

DC Calculus transfers to A&M as MATH 151.

Business Majors have to take MATH 140 and MATH 142.

MATH 151 is accepted for MATH 142. Your daughter (and mine too) will need to take MATH 140 (or MATH 148, MATH 152, MATH 168, MATH 172) to complete her MATH requirements for Mays.

I don't understand why MATH 151 covers MATH 142 and MATH 152 covers MATH 140. Seems like it should be reversed, but that is what the catalog says.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.