Homeschool options for HS

2,486 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by murphyag
ShawnTxAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Does anyone have any experience with, know of any or recommend any options for home school programs for a High School age kid? Thanks in advance. I googled options, but the accreditation aspect worries me as i've heard be very careful in regards to this.
FredMc92
I was looking around for the same thing a few months ago and came across this:

https://highschool.utexas.edu/

Might be worth looking into.
tw93
texas connections academy is an online program through Houston ISD. My daughter attended her sophomore through senior year of high school. She is currently a Sophomore at A&M. Let me know if you have any questions.

https://www.connectionsacademy.com/texas-virtual-school
ShawnTxAg
AG
Thanks tw. My daughter is currently a sophomore and is having a hell of a time w the ugly side of kids her age. She is struggling socially to the point of depression, anxiety, lack of motivation and it is resulting in poor grades and more importantly her not enjoying life. So this may be a great option
tw93
she had similar issues with her classmates. Texas Connections Academy is an online format, it is a big change from a classroom format. Once she got comfortable with the format, I only had to help her with the occasional assignment. The online format is similar to what she is using now so the transition to college was fairly easy for her.

There are several online programs that are affiliated with school districts in Texas, this is just the one that we chose to use.
ShawnTxAg
AG
Thanks for the rec
murphyag
AG
Grapevine-Colleyville ISD has an online school. It is open to all Texas residents, not just those residing in the school district.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.