Master's of Educational Technology

2,923 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by ChaseAG22
wangus12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Is anybody familiar with this program at A&M or know anybody that works in instructional design? My wife was looking at applying to the program not only as a way to get out of the classroom as a teacher (into curriculum design), but also possibly using it to work outside of education.

Plus it'll get her that coveted Aggie ring she's always wanted
powerbelly
AG

Quote:

but also possibly using it to work outside of education.
There are probably better masters programs if this is the goal.
Texasclipper
AG
My wife got this degree in 17. It is an on line program and most of her fellow students were using it to help bring more technology into the classroom and instructional design. She enjoyed the program and learned a lot.

My wife is choosing not to work full time due to having to take care of her mother with alzheimers, but loved the degree program.
Hammerheadjim
AG
I graduated from this program in 2017 and love it. I manage labs in Zachry and the things I learned in this degree plan help me tremendously. I do have a lot of colleagues in the US that have a similar degree and they in very high demand right now. Many for businesses wanting to do a lot of remote training. Additionally I enjoyed the required Psychology classes that were part of the curriculum.
Walk softly and carry a big stick! Make sure the big stick makes big boom noises and flashy bright lights.
ChaseAG22
AG
Howdy!

I am applying to this program for Spring 2021. Does anyone have any recommendations that I should state in my essay? I am also interested in any recommendations for my application. Thank you for your time.
Smokedraw01
Demosthenes81
AG
ChaseAg09 said:

Howdy!

I am applying to this program for Spring 2021. Does anyone have any recommendations that I should state in my essay? I am also interested in any recommendations for my application. Thank you for your time.

Here's my two cents as someone who has just retired from the field. Don't focus on what you know, rather emphasize how you learn. Problem solving is key in this field and it is rare that any problem does not include some unique variables. Above all else center on the people aspect of technology . Users uber alles. Good luck
ChaseAG22
AG
I got in!!! Thanks for all y'all's help!!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.