Engineering admission

2,741 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Texker
Mykidsrock2020
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Hello, my son submit his application at the end of August and his AIS shows he's under Engineering Review. He's a review admit student, SAT 1430, Math: 760, Reading: 670. 90 unweighted, 94 weighted, IB diploma, 120+ volunteer hours and some other activities, in state. May I ask the chance for him to be admitted to Engineering? We are anxiously waiting. How many spots left now for Engineering? Thanks!
TAMUAdmissions
AG
For holistic review, every aspect of his application and background are considered and compared to other applicants who met the Early Action deadline from two weeks ago.. So the process is just beginning. For early action applicants to Engineering, they should hear something by mid-December.

He can call an admissions counselor at 979-458-0950.
Mykidsrock2020
Thank you very much! I have seen posts on college confidential that some kids have gotten acceptance into Engineering, starting to get very anxious now... I'll ask him to make a call. Thanks!
reveille23
Have engineering responses started going out yet for early action applicants?

Also, if he doesn't get in will he receive a declination notice of some kind?
TAMUAdmissions
AG
Yes, a number of decisions have gone out. His AIS page will always have the most current info we have for him including whenever a decision is made.

His AIS page currently will say the following: Engineering applicants who met the October 15th early action deadline and do not have a decision have been deferred to the final decision round in January.

Texker
AG
TAMUAdmissions said:

For holistic review, every aspect of his application and background are considered and compared to other applicants who met the Early Action deadline from two weeks ago.. So the process is just beginning. For early action applicants to Engineering, they should hear something by mid-December.

He can call an admissions counselor at 979-458-0950.
Not that it's needed but I can confirm first hand that the app is holistic as described. My youngest was admitted via this process into an engineering program as a transfer.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.