TAMU grad, recently accepted to TAMU college of med AMA

3,617 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by DOG XO 84
whytho987654
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Saw there are a lot of parents stalking these threads and asking a lot of questions, thought I might help out by offering a perspective of a recent TAMU grad. Feel free to ask about the UG admissions or life as a pre-med (I can answer predent/pre-vet but not that well versed).

Side note: was accepted to Tamu UG under the "holistic review", was just outside the top 10%, so feel free to ask about this as well
WestGalvestonAggie

I have a question. Did this AMA go as well as you thought it would?
whytho987654
WestGalvestonAggie said:

I have a question. Did this AMA go as well as you thought it would?
Considering this section is dead I wasn't expecting much. Just trying to help out fellow premed ags or parents
Nosh
LOL
aggiedoc100
AG
What was your opinion of the MCAT? Seems to be very anxiety provoking for a lot of people.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
DOG XO 84
AG
My daughter just got MCAT results....she was really upset. She really would like to go to A&M med school. I think she said average for A&M is like 510. I tried to talk get off the cliff but she only got a 508 score. She has to be ranked highly (do they rank students?). She is in her last year, Dec. grad. She has 4.0

Anyone have any input if she has a chance ? Any advice or cheering up ideas? Does her gpa maybe give her enough to be considered? Thanks
TAMUAdmissions
AG
Their web site at https://medicine.tamhsc.edu/ has detailed information such as MCAT score distribution of their students. She can see how students with different scores have been accepted. You might encourage her to contact them directly as well.
DOG XO 84
AG
TAMUAdmissions said:

Their web site at https://medicine.tamhsc.edu/ has detailed information such as MCAT score distribution of their students. She can see how students with different scores have been accepted. You might encourage her to contact them directly as well.
Thanks I think this is what she's been referring to. If I read the chart correctly, it looks that about 50% of acceptees have a score in her range or below. Maybe she has a decent chance.... i'll Just keep praying!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.