What to expect on official campus visit

2,221 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by MarleyFeed97
Big Al 1992
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Our daughter has been to football games plenty of times but now signed up for official campus visit - starts at Rudder I believe, then admissions appt and Mays Business School appt.
What can we expect at each? Are they small groups and they will be expecting us or just check our name off and join a big group?
A1_Ag_95
AG
Big Al 1992 said:

.... just check our name off and join a big group?

This. We had a better time setting up a personal tour with the college she wants, engineering. Went through the women in engineering director. The campus tour was ok. I stayed in back and gave my daughter a little extra history to things.
mccjames
AG
Unfortunately I agree with the above, very underwhelming visit compared to many other schools we visited. Still ended at A&M but it was more because of parents, grandparents and distance from home than the official visit.
Big Al 1992
AG
mccjames said:

Unfortunately I agree with the above, very underwhelming visit compared to many other schools we visited. Still ended at A&M but it was more because of parents, grandparents and distance from home than the official visit.

That's what I was afraid of - football weekends are amazing so didn't know how much of a let down it would be. Just didn't want to overhype the visit with my kid.
A1_Ag_95
AG
Try and go through the major she wants. Get individual attention that way and sit with a freshman advisor for that degree plan.
Robert92
AG
We just went through the "group tour" system today. Compared to the other schools we've gone to, it was lacking.

We're going to try a personal tour through the college she's wanting to attend. I hope it's a better.

EDIT - they did a yell at the end of the tour and taught us to "Pump it Ags!" (instead of Hump it) Is that real now?
MarleyFeed97
AG
We did the general presentations & walking tour Friday (in the cold drizzle) too but our guide said "Hump" so don't think "pump" is the new "hump"

We also did a private tour with Vet School/BIMS in the afternoon and it was great so definitely recommend going directly to your College of choice for a better experience. Heck even if Vet School isn't the intended path it might be worth doing the tour to see some great new facilities, some live animals and some cool specimens in jars (think preserved brains, two headed piglet, etc).
-MarleyFeed97
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.