Transfer deadlines?

1,896 Views | 0 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by TAMUAdmissions
Medic182
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Howdy all,

I'm a 22 year old Army combat medic, and I was looking to transfer into A&M this fall semester, as I just finished this spring semester at a local community college. I've been trying to find the transfer student application deadline. I thought I saw somewhere that someone said it is in March? If it really is that early in the year, why is that, when almost every other school in Texas has a deadline sometime in the summer (early August is what I've been seeing)? It doesn't make sense to have a deadline half way through the spring semester when students elsewhere are taking classes and trying to raise their GPAs. Wouldn't it make more sense to put the deadline after the end of a semester once grades for that term come out? If anyone has more information, it would be greatly appreciated!

- Alex
TAMUAdmissions
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The dates for domestic transfers can be seen at http://admissions.tamu.edu/transfer/apply under When to Apply. Dates for 2020 will probably be the same month and date as shown for 2019. The dates have been consistent for a number of years.

Each academic department makes their own decision on whom to admit. In addition, as large as A&M is, it takes time to process and then thoroughly evaluate all the applications. Having a deadline of March 1 allows departments to get decisions out sooner than they otherwise would be able to. This allows applicants to plan ahead and know whether they will be attending A&M in the fall. They will need to find a place to live, etc. Some departments may ask applicants for their spring grades but the application still needed to be turned in by the deadline.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.