Trying to get into the Engineering Academy

2,140 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by The Goo
spacemanspiff
How long do you want to ignore this user?
My son is a Sr in high school and his goal is to get into computer science or other engineering program at A&M. He's a smart kid but lacks the maturity to be performing academically where he should be. We were hoping to get him enrolled into the engineering academy at Blinn where he would hopefully improve with a different environment.

He scored a 35/40 on his Math Placement Exam (a 20-25 is required) but did not get accepted into the engineering academy. He has been accepted at Blinn though. We thought he had met the requirements to get in this year so I was wondering if anyone could shed any light on what would be required to transfer into the engineering academy next year?

Is taking classes at Blinn the best way to get into the academy or would classes at a community college be enough to get him admitted into the engineering academy next year?
TAMUAdmissions
AG
There are a lot of moving parts here. He will want to review Transfer Initiatives at http://admissions.tamu.edu/transfer/admitted

That link can also take him to the course sheets for the different departments within the College of Engineering. That shows the different classes he should take at Blinn if he later wants to transfer to A&M.

While researching the above links, he can write down specific questions he will want to ask an admissions counselor. Then he can call an admissions counselor at 979-458-0950 to discuss what his qualifications to A&M were and his best course of action moving forward.
The Goo
AG
My son is currently at the academy on brenham. Direct message me and I will be happy to share our experience and some advice.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.