EMBA route and programs

1,677 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Duncan Idaho
CheladaAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone familiar or went the executive MBA route. I'm considering it as I have the work experience and I'm precious on the time commitment.

Also anyone familiar with the executive assessment exam? Heard it's fairly new and it's accepted in lieu of the GMAT at most programs that have EMBA tracks.

Thanks in advance with any input or advice.
Duncan Idaho
My personal thought:
If you can't dedicated the time and effort to take the GMAT, you aren't going to be able to dedicate the time and effort to get the most out of your program.

And "executive" programs vary a lot. Some are nothing more than finishing schools, some are almost as rigorous as their full time programs. Some consider anyone over 30 as an "executive" some require demonstrated leadership and P&L responsibility.

CheladaAg
AG
Thanks for the advice. As far as GMAT testing, my understanding is there is a lot on the test that is centered on academia where as the Executive Assessment is more practical to what professionals deal with, which is the purpose of taking the EA. I don't want to have to crack open old books on academic stuff that I will never see again, relearn etc. Not sure if that makes sense.
Duncan Idaho
My comment wasn't about the test content but about testing yourself and your home life to see if you can block off enough time to adequately prep for the test without your work and home life falling to **** before you drop the money and enroll in a program.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.