Opinions On Online MBA

1,833 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by PanzerAggie06
PanzerAggie06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quick rundown of my situation. My husband, Marine Corps pilot, was assigned to Corpus Christi as a flight instructor. While we are here I want to use my Post 9-11 GI Bill and start work on my MBA.

Here is the question... am I better off getting an MBA at Texas A&M Corpus Christi (fair reputation at best) or going the online route from a much more reputable university? Bottom line up front is that I am absolutely leaning toward the online route but I wanted to see if others might have a different view. Thanks.
Duncan Idaho
I'd look into the executive program or the Houston part time program at McCombs.

I had a classmate that commented from corpus to Dallas for the program. Houston might be easier.
Heisenberg01
AG
If you are using as a resume builder or to build business acumen then having an online degree from Michigan, Rice, Indiana, etc is far superior that an MBA from Corpus Christi.

Those schools do not designate as online on the degree and they will let you use their career center offices which are much better connected than what Corpus could offer you.

If you are looking mostly to network then the part-time McCombs programs are probably your best avenue. That is a different level of commitment though in terms of giving up every other weekend traveling to Houston vs studying online.
Joe Exotic
AG
The UT-Dallas Jindal School MBA is a good online option as well.
Joe Exotic
AG
Another thing to keep in mind is that a pure online program won't get housing stipends on the Post 9-11 I believe.
PanzerAggie06
AG
You don't get 100% housing but a reduced rate. I believe it's $850. Not great but better than nothing I suppose
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.