International Studies at TAMU

1,764 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Stressboy
terata
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The Bush School is a very impressive element for Texas A&M. However, given the volume of foreign students and overseas campuses of the A&M System, one might think TAMU was a member of the National Resource Center. Nope, not listed in any category. Perhaps, it's time for a leadership change.
Stressboy
AG
terata said:

The Bush School is a very impressive element for Texas A&M. However, given the volume of foreign students and overseas campuses of the A&M System, one might think TAMU was a member of the National Resource Center. Nope, not listed in any category. Perhaps, it's time for a leadership change.
Seems like something we would do. Did their funding get cut? Maybe there are strings attached that we don't know about such as certain curriculum that must be taught. Anyways, send an email to the International Studies, Econ, Ag Eco advisers and ask them.
Al Bula
AG
I've read this thread several times and still don't get it.
Is this angst directed at the right body?

International Studies is in Liberal Arts and is largely comprised of professional student-type coursework: classical languages, cultural garbage courses and such.

In the bush school you can get a Masters in international Affairs that is still largely built on the Lib Arts International Studies undergrad prerequisites.

I can see former and active military being attracted to the UG and Grad programs but these are largely useless outside of education, public service otherwise and social justice nonsense.

I'm sure INST feeds into law school nicely and can be convenient trust fund kid degrees that have no need for practical college skills outside of a paper degree.

Don't worry, I think there are many degrees at A&M which are useless.
Stressboy
AG
Shife said:

I've read this thread several times and still don't get it.
Is this angst directed at the right body?

International Studies is in Liberal Arts and is largely comprised of professional student-type coursework: classical languages, cultural garbage courses and such.

In the bush school you can get a Masters in international Affairs that is still largely built on the Lib Arts International Studies undergrad prerequisites.

I can see former and active military being attracted to the UG and Grad programs but these are largely useless outside of education, public service otherwise and social justice nonsense.

I'm sure INST feeds into law school nicely and can be convenient trust fund kid degrees that have no need for practical college skills outside of a paper degree.

Don't worry, I think there are many degrees at A&M which are useless.

If you think all public service is useless then I suppose your opinion would be valid. Given that the Bush School first turn their graduates into Aggie Leaders and then helps to get them placed in jobs where many go to work for the CIA, Military Intelligence, NGOs, non-profits and many private companies; we need even more of these people with the Aggie spirit leading our nation and helping write policy.

It is the lack of such people that has destroyed my faith in our government but having just met 10-15 Students at Bush I can say it is doing an incredible job and one I am proud is part of A&M.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.