Computer Science Dept ranking

2,300 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by HECUBUS
Texas A & M
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Austin and Dallas are both top 10 cities in the country for tech jobs with Apple announcing a major expansion in Austin with another 5,000+ jobs.

How does A&M's computer science department rank compared to the top programs?
redd38
AG
Behind Texas and Rice.
Caesar4
AG
https://texags.com/forums/17/topics/2995453
terata
AG
As long as the current chancellor is in power A&M's CS Dept. will always be third or fourth teat quality.
HECUBUS
AG
Georgia Tech must be pretty good, I saw out of state kids with 1580 SAT's and all the boxes checked get rejected for CS in this years EA class, even valedictorians. I had no idea it was that competitive. Their academic stats don't look like much, EA average SAT wat 1453, but it's a state school taking a majority of in state kids with lower requirements. I'm sure it's harder to get into ATM from OOS too.

Like most state schools, they do seem to be demographic blind. If you have around 15 AP's with mostly 5's, great grades, EC's and test scores, you have a fair chance. I bet it's ranked higher than Rice in CS.

You don't need test scores that high or that many AP's at Rice, but you do need the right demographics and about $100k more tuition.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.