GMAT Prep...

1,225 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Bayside Tiger Ag
Not a Bot
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm taking the GMAT in July. Does anyone have a recommendation on prep books/classes?

I downloaded the two free practice exams from the official website and took the first one without any prep to get a baseline. While my verbal score was in the 94th percentile, my quant score was well below average. I haven't dealt with fraction rules, exponents, and general algebraic equations (at least not in that form) in over 10 years.
GarlandAg2012
AG
I used this when I studied: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1119101816/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I'm sure there's an updated one. It came with software with a number of tests which helped. My real score was above my practice test scores.
Bayside Tiger Ag
Nice. As long as you don't think your verbal score is an anomaly, purchase the Manhattan Prep GMAT math books and work through those. No need to waste time on verbal prep. Save the 2nd practice test until after you've worked through the Manhattan books.

94th percentile is what I had on my verbal, and although it is more difficult nowadays to score above 700 than when I took the test, I'm almost certain that if you can hit that verbal score along with at least 58-60th percentile on math, you'll be at or above a 700.

Good luck!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.