E2M Engineering to Medicine Program

2,951 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by beatlesphan
2022Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Howdy, everyone! I was wondering if anyone could give me some information on the E2M program.

1. How hard it is to get into this program after my first year?
2. Is it an accelerated MD program like some other med schools run, or is it just a guaranteed acceptance to the TAMU med school after I obtain my bachelor's?
3. If I were to join this program how long would it be before I was a MD?

Here is a link to the web page where I first found out about this program:
https://medicine.tamhsc.edu/e2m/index.html

Thank you!
TAMUAdmissions
AG
The best thing to do is to ask Medicine those questions directly,
beatlesphan
AG
I don't have any particular knowledge about the program (other than reading the website), but I am a graduate of A&M's med school.

This program doesn't look like a fast track. It is 4 years of undergrad then 4 years of med school, which is the typical timeline for med students. So you have your MD in 8 years.

It's not entirely clear what the advantage is with this program. With most of the fast track or automatic acceptance programs you get to skip the MCAT. Not so with this program, and you have to score at least in the 82nd percentile in all sections. It also requires a bunch of volunteer and clinic hours. And at the end you have automatic acceptance to A&M.

I guess it'd be nice to know early on that you're accepted to med school (as long as you keep up with requirements), but you should know that if you graduate with a 3.5 science GPA + 82nd percentile MCAT + ~120 hours combined volunteer/clinic work then you're gonna get into somewhere in Texas anyway. Having said that I loved my med school experience and would 100% endorse A&M's ability to prepare you for residency.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.